League City, TX/Lake Sam Rayburn (Rayburn Country)

Kicking around getting another 921 next yr, not sure what to put on the back

Been kicking around a new 921 next year. I have a 2012 and currently have a 2014, both Pro sx. Thinking about a 4 strock on the next one, but not sure. I plan to look at all options but pretty sure 4 stroke is where its going for me.

I would have problem with a Sho, but it been around a while and if I had to guess it will change one of these days.

The Merc seems heavy and its been around a while. I wouldn't consider a Honda, not enough dealers.

Might consider a Suzuki, lots of them here on the coast where I live. Not sure on the performance, never seen one on a 921.

I guess I need to better understand where the technlolgy is going.

What you some of you guy planning of new boats next year.

Thanks Billy

2. Member
    I bought one this year with a SHO. I love it. Break it in right and it's been great. The Suzuki props completely different from other motors. Not bad different, just different. I can't remember exactly but I think it takes a big diameter and big pitch to get right. The Verado seems to run strong and it's been around a while. I wouldn't have a problem with one. I wouldn't trade my SHO though

3. Member
    My next one will have a SHO.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

4. Member
    I wonder how long Yamaha plans to keep the Sho around before they change the design. With that said, they are pretty dang reliable.

Verado

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WWDIII View Post
    I wonder how long Yamaha plans to keep the Sho around before they change the design. With that said, they are pretty dang reliable.
    I will first say I would buy a Sho.I do not believe it is going away. The Sho's builded after 2012 have the problems fixed.They have a few that still had problems i have seen on here but for the most part they have fixed them. The Sho's now just need to be broke in right and then their seams to be no problems. just my .02

G2...10 year warranty!

Think of service and resale...based on that alone I would stay away from Honda and Suzuki. Not enough guys looking to buy bass boats with those on the rear. Not saying bad motors, just poor market.

Im happy with the Verado Pro I have. I will say the Verado has about the best track record for longevity of major outboards produced and running.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xranger77 View Post
    Think of service and resale...based on that alone I would stay away from Honda and Suzuki. Not enough guys looking to buy bass boats with those on the rear. Not saying bad motors, just poor market.

Im happy with the Verado Pro I have. I will say the Verado has about the best track record for longevity of major outboards produced and running.
    I wonder how long merc plans to keep the Verado around as it is. I don't see to many, but the guys that I have spoke with that have them have nothing bad to say about them.

Quote Originally Posted by WWDIII View Post
    I wonder how long merc plans to keep the Verado around as it is. I don't see to many, but the guys that I have spoke with that have them have nothing bad to say about them.
    There aren't that many on bass boats per say...Plenty on municipal boats, pontoons, off-shore craft etc.

They are heavier and that's what has kept them off bass boats for the most part I think.