Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Any complaints about your Phoenix?

I'm currently a Ranger guy but have been taking a hard look at Phoenix. Is there anything you wish you had gotten but didn't? Any problems out of a Phoenix? How's customer service? How well do you think the boat is really built?
    2014 Ranger Z118 150 Pro XS

2. Member
    Good question Ray.
    Has Phoenix started using seals where the lids and the storage compartments meet to help keep the water out? I am also considering Phoenix as my nest boat. They sure do seem to be a well built boat.

Quote Originally Posted by ice man View Post
    Good question Ray.
    Has Phoenix started using seals where the lids and the storage compartments meet to help keep the water out? I am also considering Phoenix as my nest boat. They sure do seem to be a well built boat.
    No sir, they do not. I just looked at them yesterday. Are people having issues with wet compartments?
    2014 Ranger Z118 150 Pro XS

I haven't noticed any issues with wet compartments in my new phoenix. If you wax the fiberglass along where the kids close they will squeak for a little bit. If I had one complaint it would be the largest storage compartment. I haven't figured out how to keep my 3700 boxes in the front area of the storage even with the straps. Otherwise, it's an awesome machine.

Seals are not needed in a Phoenix because they have a lip that keeps water out. The seals will also create condensation quicker in certain climates.

Kenneth

Factory customer service is absolutely phenomenal. My dealer service is not...that is why Tim has been awesome.

I have a 2012 hull and Tim has sent me about 4 different packages for all sorts of small things the dealer didnt handle/fix/give a shit about after purchase of the boat. I will be getting another box in a month or so after I peel the wrap.

I have no issues with the boat itself at all. No leaks in boxes, everything works as it should as well. I have an older 921, so some of the newer things arent on my boat...yet. I can literally turn my 2012 into a 2017, minus the air circulation system.

There are a few things that would make the dash/console/control panel area cleaner, but there are drawbacks to changing that area as well. The solid fiberglass dash would be a nice clean look, but if someone dash mounts a graph and you dont like them...you are pretty screwed with a big ass hole cut in the glass. I prefer a RAM mount for graphs.

Overall the 921 I have is the best boat Ive been in, not just owned. The combination of speed, handling, storage and room....and then throw the Phoenix customer service behind it......its tough to beat. I know Bass Cat has a ton of these qualities as well and a solid rep, but there are a bunch of their boats I wouldnt buy based on personal preference.

If I didnt have the 921 and was in the market for a smaller boat, the 919 or 920 would be choice as well.

1. Is there anything you wish you had gotten...? **A hydraulic jack plate, c-channel trailer.
    2. Any problems out of a Phoenix? Performance wise? I think you'd be hard pressed to find any REAL complaints. Sure, there's the occasional issue with one of their boats boat that was manufacturing process issue. Phoenix will fix those issues but widespread issues...No. It seems most of the wants/needs/complaints are detail oriented and related to personal preferences. For example: I used to think I needed the switch panel to be back-lit. After having the boat for a while and getting accustomed to the switches, I learned the location and use of each switch. Now, I don't think it's necessary. Would it be nice to have? Sure. A necessity? I don't think so.
    3. Customer Service - the BEST in the industry hands down!
    4 How well do you think the boat is really built? In my opinion its the best build boat out there.
    Come on over to Phoenix. You'll be glad you did!
    **I bought my boat used

2013 Phoenix 721 ProXP

8. Member
    The newer boats have back lit on the panel switches. I think it started in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth ALBassr View Post
    Seals are not needed in a Phoenix because they have a lip that keeps water out. The seals will also create condensation quicker in certain climates.

Kenneth

^^^^^^ This. Customer service and everything else will be better than Ranger. And yes I have owned Rangers.

LUND 1875 Pro Guide 👊🏻✊🏻

10. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    looked at every brand for about a year and once a had the opportunity to drive and fish out of a Phoenix I was hooked and sold. I have no complaints.
    and like everyone else mentioned they have the absolute best customer service out there.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

The only time I've had my compartments get wet is when I swamp the deck out on huge waves and there's like 4" of water on the deck. It's not like gallons of water when it does happen either. I really wasn't a huge fan of the plastic type dash when I first got it but after a year of no issues I don't mind it at all. There are so many positives to this boat it's insane.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

12. Member
    Not sure what it means, but it's noticeable lately that Phoenix is in a lot of boat buying conversations. Lots of different brand boards it's, brand A compared to Phoenix, brand B compared to Phoenix. Not sure what if anything they purchase, but it is noticeable.

13. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix 921 View Post
    The newer boats have back lit on the panel switches. I think it started in 2015.
    My 2016 panel is not backlit. There is a small, red led light that shines on panel from shifter.

14. Member
    League City, TX/Lake Sam Rayburn (Rayburn Country)
    Both my 921s, 2012 and 2014 are hard to put gas in if they are not leaning way from the pump if that makes sense. Other than that I can't complain. Hope to buy a new one next year. Just not sure what motor.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WWDIII View Post
    Both my 921s, 2012 and 2014 are hard to put gas in if they are not leaning way from the pump if that makes sense. Other than that I can't complain. Hope to buy a new one next year. Just not sure what motor.
    If you turn the pump handle to 2 o'clock it fills much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    Not sure what it means, but it's noticeable lately that Phoenix is in a lot of boat buying conversations. Lots of different brand boards it's, brand A compared to Phoenix, brand B compared to Phoenix. Not sure what if anything they purchase, but it is noticeable.
    It sure isn't by accident. Lots of good folks working real hard.....evidenced by their success. Great people building a great boat gets people to talking.

17. Member
    The ice chest do not hold ice for very long in the warmer months but other than that they are the best boats out there in my opinion.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    You should have been on Rayburn Saturday for bass Champs. Lots of Phoenix in a big skeeter tourney. Seems like I see more every time I go out. Once you ride and drive one it's easy to see why

Quote Originally Posted by FlaPhoenix View Post
    The ice chest do not hold ice for very long in the warmer months but other than that they are the best boats out there in my opinion.
    Mine holds ice for days..... Guess you need to move to the Northeast . On a serious note, I will "prep" the cooler by putting ice in it the night before my trip. Then the morning of, I will replenish ice and drain any water. Then it is good to go for a good while.

LUND 1875 Pro Guide 👊🏻✊🏻

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BluBird920 View Post
    Mine holds ice for days..... Guess you need to move to the Northeast . On a serious note, I will "prep" the cooler by putting ice in it the night before my trip. Then the morning of, I will replenish ice and drain any water. Then it is good to go for a good while.
    Do this and it will hold ice alot longer.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast