Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    I figured. They are the best around. I wouldn't let anyone around here touch my boat. Really, for hitting a bridge piling, that boat wasn't tore up that bad. Atleast not what I would have thought.

2. Member
    I have an 2011 619 Pro purchased new. Garage kept. Very low hour boat that has been very well taken care of. My only complaint is the carpet. It's lost all of it's cushion and pile. I think they are using a better quality carpet now but not 100% sure.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1fejj View Post
    I have an 2011 619 Pro purchased new. Garage kept. Very low hour boat that has been very well taken care of. My only complaint is the carpet. It's lost all of it's cushion and pile. I think they are using a better quality carpet now but not 100% sure.
    Take some carpet shampoo and water. Mix together. Take a nice stuff brush and get sloppy. Wet dry vac the water out and let dry.
    May have to do a final dry brush and vacuum but it will look good again. They are using high end carpet.

my only complaint is the lip on the dash below the guages will hold water in heavy rain and dump it in your lap on takeoff
    2017 Phoenix 919 Pro-XP 225 Mercury Pro-XS

5. Member
    "so has Phoenix fixed this problem in newer boats?"

No issue filling up w/ 2016 921

After racking my brain thinking of any complaints I could only think of 1, maybe 1.5. The biggest issue is when pulling my boat out of it's place in the driveway there is a change in grade from low to high to low when getting on the road. It's not violent or drastic at all; however, the damn spare tire was rubbing. It has only happened in the drive way and hasn't happened even on much gnarlier looking grade changes, so clearly there is something special to this small hump. I now keep the spare in my truck rather than on the trailer. My second issue is relatively minuscule; however, you did say you were coming from Ranger. Every Ranger owner I fish with will slam the compartment lids. They lift up and stay up just fine but when closing them you have to close them not force them shut. This really is a non-issue but since you said you are coming from Ranger it may take a second to get used to.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASS24-7 View Post
    my only complaint is the lip on the dash below the guages will hold water in heavy rain and dump it in your lap on takeoff
    yes that's an odd complaint that I have as well. I take a leaf blower and blow all the water out. Otherwise it does settle in there.

7. Member
    NO

8. Member
    I am coming out of a 2013 520C and then a 2016 Skeeter FX20. Now I have a 2017 721. The most incredible boat! I do not miss either of my last two boats. This thing is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by clarker2000 View Post
    yes that's an odd complaint that I have as well. I take a leaf blower and blow all the water out. Otherwise it does settle in there.
    You keep a leaf blower in the boat with you for every time you move spots? Lol jk man!

My main complaint about the boat is the seal below the rub rail. The black silicone bead they run underneath was done so piss poorly on my boat. The back by the transom was leaking so bad my dealer thought I had a leaking live well hose. They sealed it up nice but after looking at the rest of the boat it looks pretty bad underneath. I don't think I'm taking on water but I also need to keep an eye on my driving perhaph. My last boat never had a drop if it wasn't raining, this boat will get some out of the drain at times but that might partially be me taking water over then back...not sure, it's a very small amount.
    2017 - Phoenix 919 / 225hp Pro Xs

10. Member
    The cover stinks... My opinion.

The rest of the boat is a dream come true!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Teach View Post
    The cover stinks... My opinion.

The rest of the boat is a dream come true!
    I think the cover is absolutely fantastic. Easy on easy off. Fits great. What's your beef on the cover ??

I think the cover is absolutely fantastic. Easy on easy off. Fits great. What's your beef on the cover ??
    I agree I love the cover but I haven't had it for very long. Maybe it's a longevity issue?
    2017 - Phoenix 919 / 225hp Pro Xs

13. Member
    Take some carpet shampoo and water. Mix together. Take a nice stuff brush and get sloppy. Wet dry vac the water out and let dry.
    May have to do a final dry brush and vacuum but it will look good again. They are using high end carpet.
    I'm in the auto restoration business and have cleaned this carpet every way I know how (you don't want to use to much soap if any on marine carpet) but the material just isn't there. I know what quality carpet looks and feels like and it's not in my boat.

14. Member
    2011 721, the carpet has lost it's cushion and pile just seems to be cheap carpet, lip on the dash holds water. Other than those two that's it , really like the boat

15. Member
    I am having the white dust issue something fierce! I dry the cover always, I also have a special bag that it lives in when not used to keep it extra dry. Also, I came very close to stitches once after letting the ratchet strap go, BUT, you have to have it really tight towing to keep it from scratching. The poles, straps... My Deans for my old Cat was a simple on and off. I am almost tempted to have one made for my 921! I think the cover and I have yet to find our sweet spot because I consider myself an ratchet strap expert and use them as often as possible.

With this said! I had to buy the cover separate with my Cat, thats almost $1000 that Phoenix essentially includes in the purchase price. It would also not keep me from buying a PHX, however, the fact that I've only owned my boat for a year would/ will!

One of the neatest things I have see with Phoenix thus far is the pros, like elite level pros, if you message them they will get back to you. The Cat guys - forget it! I am running my SHO set up to the spec of an elite that has actually initiated messages with me, and always replied to my messages via Facebook. Could it be the elite? Maybe. But they seem to have a great group representing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Teach View Post
    I am having the white dust issue something fierce! I dry the cover always, I also have a special bag that it lives in when not used to keep it extra dry. Also, I came very close to stitches once after letting the ratchet strap go, BUT, you have to have it really tight towing to keep it from scratching. The poles, straps... My Deans for my old Cat was a simple on and off. I am almost tempted to have one made for my 921! I think the cover and I have yet to find our sweet spot because I consider myself an ratchet strap expert and use them as often as possible.

With this said! I had to buy the cover separate with my Cat, thats almost $1000 that Phoenix essentially includes in the purchase price. It would also not keep me from buying a PHX, however, the fact that I've only owned my boat for a year would/ will!

One of the neatest things I have see with Phoenix thus far is the pros, like elite level pros, if you message them they will get back to you. The Cat guys - forget it! I am running my SHO set up to the spec of an elite that has actually initiated messages with me, and always replied to my messages via Facebook. Could it be the elite? Maybe. But they seem to have a great group representing them.

I have an older model cover...no white crap. But still not a fan of it. I hate ratchet straps as they can scratch the gel real easy and they add weight to that lightweight cover.

The best cover I have ever seen is the one Charger uses. I covers the whole boat and the motor. Very heavy duty. You throw the butt seat in and cover the boat, strap it to trailer and then trim motor down to level. This creates a perfect V across the boat...no additional straps, supports...nothing. And...you can get in boat with it covered and take naps!!!

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray1258 View Post
    No sir, they do not. I just looked at them yesterday. Are people having issues with wet compartments?
    Yes they are Aaron Martens did a video of what he did to keep water out

18. <B>BBC SPONSOR</B>
    Quote Originally Posted by waco oso View Post

That video was more or less on how he does the sound dampening. The phoenix compartments are some of the driest I have seen and I have fished in some fairly large downpours. Also everytime I wash my boat I soak the carpet to clean it and the box insides are always dry. The channels molded into each compart funnels the water away and out from inside the box.
    I have only heard of one issue of the compartments getting wet and I believe that was due to the box lids not being properly installed.

Quote Originally Posted by waco oso View Post
    Ive been doing that for about 5 years. It does help with keeping water out. You have to be careful with the amount you put on the lip, you do too much and the lids wont seat right and you cant shut your lid and turn the handle.

If you get more water in the channels than the channel can hold, there is no place for the water to go but the path of least resistance which is usually in the locker.

I had water get in the starboard rod locker yesterday due to the slope of ground it was on and it pooled in the corner and had no place to go. My lids are literally identical to Aarons, and you can still get water in them if there is too much.

It does help to channel water, but in the end you need to make sure your boat sits properly and water can run towards the back without pooling on the deck.

I would suggest adding some on the lip at a minimum if you are concerned about water. Ive been doing what Aaron does for all the other reasons, not water prevention.

I also fit a piece in the center console as well. Keeps it cooler and I can stick stuff in it.

I love my 2013 618....my only "complaint", as mentioned above, is the cover. The pole to hold up the sagging when parked is worthless, and not a fan of the 2 small ratchets to tighten. The few times I've used it though, it is a quality material and keeps boat dry ( when parked outside ) for tournament. I always store it inside my garage and mostly tow without cover on. The best cover I've seen is the Ranger cover. Pricey, but fits tightly and easily. And for poster above, even though our cover is "included" with our boats, we are paying for it in the purchase price !!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast