Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Customer service is the best !..... Tim is "the man"!......

2. Member
    I have a 2015 920 with 250 SHO. I absolutely love the boat and don't regret buying it 1 bit. I checked out pretty much every 20ft boat made and The 920 was my favorite, Next was legend v20, then the ranger z520c. That being said there are a few dislikes as I am sure you would find with any boat. Going to list them in order of annoyance haha. None are performance/reliability issues.

1. Putting gas in it can be a pain. If you are on a slope that leans towards the pump, it's even worse. You have to hold the handle in a specific angle, and turn your head slightly to the left and beg to get it to flow haha. You can circumvent this issue by laying something down in front of trailer tires and pulling them on top of it to raise the passenger side of the boat, I don't often do this unless I'm in a big hurry and need to fill up quickly.

2. Heavy rain equals damp rod lockers. All other compartments are completely dry.

3. Switch panel needs lights. I added a single led that points on it when I turn on my nav lights, that way I only have to remember the nav light button. Easy fix, but still they thought of everything else, can't see why they wouldn't add a cheap backlight.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgproudfew View Post
    I have a 2015 920 with 250 SHO. I absolutely love the boat and don't regret buying it 1 bit. I checked out pretty much every 20ft boat made and The 920 was my favorite, Next was legend v20, then the ranger z520c. That being said there are a few dislikes as I am sure you would find with any boat. Going to list them in order of annoyance haha. None are performance/reliability issues.

1. Putting gas in it can be a pain. If you are on a slope that leans towards the pump, it's even worse. You have to hold the handle in a specific angle, and turn your head slightly to the left and beg to get it to flow haha. You can circumvent this issue by laying something down in front of trailer tires and pulling them on top of it to raise the passenger side of the boat, I don't often do this unless I'm in a big hurry and need to fill up quickly.

2. Heavy rain equals damp rod lockers. All other compartments are completely dry.

3. Switch panel needs lights. I added a single led that points on it when I turn on my nav lights, that way I only have to remember the nav light button. Easy fix, but still they thought of everything else, can't see why they wouldn't add a cheap backlight.
    I have fixed two boats with the gas fueling problem. I think it took me about twenty minutes each time. You take the seats out then 6 screws then cut the fuel line and take out the vapor canister and put in a connector for the fuel line and put everything back together. that's it.

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    The cooler issue was fixed around 2015, they like tripled the foam around it, if it's pre cooled it will keep ice 24 hours in July, even in the South,
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix 921 View Post
    I have fixed two boats with the gas fueling problem. I think it took me about twenty minutes each time. You take the seats out then 6 screws then cut the fuel line and take out the vapor canister and put in a connector for the fuel line and put everything back together. that's it.
    do you by chance have the details or what you used specifically as a connector on the fuel line? Thank You

6. Banned
    My only complaint would be the side steps on the trailer are diamond plate. They look nice but when they are wet, they are slippery. My recommendation would be to use the same rubber gripping pads as they use on the front part of the bow where the trolling motor is mounted. Other than that...LOVE IT!!!

7. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rakkc View Post
    do you by chance have the details or what you used specifically as a connector on the fuel line? Thank You
    here is a coupling,http://www.fillernecksupply.com/1-1-...FY09gQodmr4Fhg
    just verify if the size is 1 1/2" or 1 1.4"
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

8. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix 921 View Post
    so has Phoenix fixed this problem in newer boats?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Puma Jim View Post
    I am not sure but I don't think so. This is a EPA modification that they have to do. I am not sure what they can do had this point.

10. Scraps
    I came out of a Ranger and I liked that trailer, better. Pretty sure the boat rides a little lower on the trailer due to the narrow fiberglass fenders.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

11. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Puma Jim View Post
    Yes they removed the inline check valve in the filler tube
    info@drewcraft.com

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skooter68 View Post
    My only complaint would be the side steps on the trailer are diamond plate. They look nice but when they are wet, they are slippery. My recommendation would be to use the same rubber gripping pads as they use on the front part of the bow where the trolling motor is mounted. Other than that...LOVE IT!!!
    This would be my only complaint. Those plates hold moisture underneath and that's where you will see rust . They should just put the spray on and leave it. Other than that it's good. The center tackle box took me a bit to get my stuff organized right but now I know just where it's all at and I like it. Haven't had any wet lockers but in enough water the passenger rod box where it meets the main rod locker can puddle and get a little in there. Granted it only did that with a hose and a lot of water so I don't know how much rain it would take.

13. Member
    I was talking to a pretty fiberglass boat repair the other day. He told me that they had there 1st Phoenix in, not for any structural repair, just a little gel coat on the hull. Not bad, for these guys do a tremendous amount of boats. He also commented he fished a circuit with a buddy last year out of a 920, said it was one tough boat. My Phoenix is top shelf! IMO
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

We need to link these type threads in a sticky.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

15. Member
    My 2015 618 takes gas like a champ. First time filling it tough but I believe that was just getting the initial load of gas in. Other the. The first fill up it goes in at almost full speed. When on the water out of precaution I have someone sit on the far side near the drivers seat just to tilt the boat slightly. Out of all the boats I have owned this one fills up the easiest.

Love my Phoenix.

16. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vausoner View Post
    We need to link these type threads in a sticky.
    all good information, we meet to write up a FAQ sheet
    info@drewcraft.com

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    here is a coupling,http://www.fillernecksupply.com/1-1-...FY09gQodmr4Fhg
    just verify if the size is 1 1/2" or 1 1.4"
    On my 2016 921, I pulled the upper deck lid and gained access to the top of the fuel tank - Fuel hose going into the canister says 5/8" - do you know of any place to get a coupler in that size?

18. Member
    Yes, my 2017 819 is not getting used enough!! So far no complaints!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BroWhoop View Post
    I was talking to a pretty fiberglass boat repair the other day. He told me that they had there 1st Phoenix in, not for any structural repair, just a little gel coat on the hull. Not bad, for these guys do a tremendous amount of boats. He also commented he fished a circuit with a buddy last year out of a 920, said it was one tough boat. My Phoenix is top shelf! IMO
    I talked to the toledo fiberglass guys about mine. Few little spots to get fixed but while I was there I saw a 920 that had hit a bridge. Nasty but he said they are one of the toughest hulls he's seen. He also said the "r" brand was having a lot of problems lately

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    I talked to the toledo fiberglass guys about mine. Few little spots to get fixed but while I was there I saw a 920 that had hit a bridge. Nasty but he said they are one of the toughest hulls he's seen. He also said the "r" brand was having a lot of problems lately
    Same place!
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast