Banned

Buddy's 250 pro XS

Went with a friend yesterday in his boat. Noticed when he started it there was a "noise" that occurred with every revolution of the motor. I told him to go have his compressor inspected as I have read on here about those things failing. He bought the boat used and it's a 2009. I have no serial numbers. Sorry. I'm only asking if I was correct in warning him of this potential problem? It sounded really bad. Every revolution of the motor produced a squealing or wheezing sound

2. Member
    YES! Get it checked out before it is run again.
    Michael Martin
    Virginia...now in Maryland
    1998 P III, 2006 200 Optimax SOLD
    2017 Robalo 226 Cayman, 200 Yamaha 4 stroke

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Banned
    Update . Friends compressor has failed. Ouch. 56 hours showing on smartcraft gauge. I just couldn't buy a used motor anymore without warranty

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Be sure to recommend that he also have the return oil line filters replaced, AND have the rails/injectors/direct injectors cleaned, VALIDATED, and those that pass validation serviced.

Metallic debris from a failed compressor passes into the air side of the system, damaging components.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Be sure to recommend that he also have the return oil line filters replaced, AND have the rails/injectors/direct injectors cleaned, VALIDATED, and those that pass validation serviced.

Metallic debris from a failed compressor passes into the air side of the system, damaging components.
    And tell your friend to send the rails/injectors/DIs to Integrity Injection (Don) for service. Info is on European Marine's website or click on "Injector Service" in Don's signature.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

7. Banned
    Thank you everyone! And I will pass along the information on Integrity Injection Service as well.