Older gator mount holes vs new mounts

All,

I am replacing an old Motorguide Beast 65# 36V trolling motor that is on a gator mount. Ideally I would be able to use existing wiring and change to a quick release mount. I like the wireless foot pedals as I'm reticent to cut a hole in my deck for a foot pedal tray (though I did buy a Woo tray). The anchor modes on some models are appealing too. I could stay 36V or go 24V and still improve the power. The boat is 18'.

So do newer MG units fit the old gator? Are there any newer mounts from either MG or MK that would still use all the old mounting holes? I just want to avoid patching if I can. What are my options?

Thanks!
    Geoff Soard

2005 Ranger 521VX - 2012 Yamaha 250 VMax
    1996 Ranger 485V - 2016 Evinrude E-Tec 175

Always buying G. Loomis "Green" NRX, GLX CBRs and others.

2. Member
    I believe the holes are the same on the newer MG and they will match up to the MK too. You can get a MK 80, more power and still 24v. You don't have to use a tray for the pedal. I know most guys swear by them but they don't help my back any,I don't use one now.

3. Member
    You mentioned wireless footpedal. If you're looking at an electric steer model, the holes do not match up. Different footprint than the Gatormount.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    You mentioned wireless footpedal. If you're looking at an electric steer model, the holes do not match up. Different footprint than the Gatormount.
    That's what I was concerned about. Are there any newer MG units that can mount on the old gator?
    Geoff Soard

2005 Ranger 521VX - 2012 Yamaha 250 VMax
    1996 Ranger 485V - 2016 Evinrude E-Tec 175

Always buying G. Loomis "Green" NRX, GLX CBRs and others.