Question Bent fender and back step

I have a 1998 Triton tr18 with single axle trailer. Was coming back home to TN from our annual trip to lake Russell in Georgia last spring and my leaf spring broke!!! (bad situation!) fixed everything on the side of the road to get home. I replaced both leafs with more durable ones, bent trailer step and fender back out best I could. Between buying a new house, remodeling, and selling another I haven't had time to fish much. Now I want to get trailer and boat fixed up. Anyone repair fender or steps like this? Buy newer used trailer? Let body shop fix it? Cut old step off, get new one welded on, new fender, trailer painted? Might as well replace bunks. Just looking for ideas, thought someone else been through same stuff.

Looks purdy fixable to me...I'd find a local welding shop rather than a body shop. Also check with your insurance company. You may have a claim.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    Yeah, I guess if I could get someone to rework or weld that a new fabricated step back on, I could bolt to fenders on no problem. Then Paint the trailer.

4. Member
    Glad you made it home. Our local Tractor Supply Company farm store sells replacement steel fenders. One good thing is you could physically compare the fender to the right side fender before you buy it. Then you could ask a local welder to repair it.

Body shop--- porta power. where is that picture of mine?

took the diamond plate off, used a porta power , didnt even have to paint it, still looks good. Pic is from 2011--- Fence jumped out in front of me one morning @ dark 30
    Last edited by Bassman Ia.; 01-28-2017 at 11:48 PM.

Same fender after i pulled it.

should have been picture #2