Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. Member
    Kevin any updates?? Messed with the settings today again.....could make the interference go away if I moved the sensitivity down to 49.....50 would show interference lol. Doesn't help anything as it made the fish returns all but disappear. Also if I cranked the speed all the way up on the trolling motor it would go away.....ughhh

2. Member
    not to hijack this thread but I just bought a garmin 93 chirp and mounted on the bow next to my HDS 9 so I can eventually add panaponix, took it on the lake for first time last weekend and interference is horrible when I turn on minn kota fortrex TM, even though my HDS 9 is perfect, I aready have isolated power for all my lowrance units so just added to garmin to it. I have tried everythng listed in this post to remedy it and nothing has worked. I did determine the interference is coming from the pulsing MK power, if I turn it up to 10, all interference goes way. got a great deal on the garmin unit but not doing me much good if I cant use it.

Will Garmin support be any help?

3. Member
    They wasn't with me! They couldn't understand why I needed it on the bow anyhow...!

I hope you have better luck with them. Let us know if you get it resolved.

4. Member
    Garmin is playing catchup on this issue; that is if they are playing. There is plenty of history on this issue with the other brands. There's not many people who will do like I did and pull a perfectly good trolling motor off the boat and then install a lower technology one just to get rid of interference. Pointing fingers won't help. We know it's coming from the trolling motor so blaming them won't help. A kit like Humminbird offers, but better, needs to be offered along with a step by step installation that will get rid of the problem. Make it the best on the market then everybody will be buying it. I'd like to have a better, more functional trolling motor, but I got sick of having to deal with the interference issues and trying one thing and then another and maybe it would solve it. The Minn Kota Edge 70 did resolve it, but that is not really my trolling motor of choice. Maybe give Minn Kota and Motor Guide a call and make it a joint effort. On second thought, I guess that would take a miracle. Something does need to be done though. I think most everybody agrees on that.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    Its the trolling motor guys who need to get their stuff together and move to a better technology for speed control. The tech they are using is left over from the dark ages. It wouldnt cost much more at all to go to a speed controller that didnt cause these issues. OR they could build in the filters necessary to eliminate the problem at the source.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

6. Member
    I guess I see this as a garmin issue given my low range is sitting right next to the garmin and attached to exact same power source, I can even wrap my lowrance transducer cable around my MK power cord and no interference, not looking to bash garmin given I am open minded enough to put both on my boat, just frustrating, especially if I have to try to sell it now.

7. Member
    The thing is, your buddy could have the same brand of boat made the same year with the exact same two sonar units and the same brand and model of TM, BUT on that boat the Lowrance would have all the issues and not the Garmin.

Quote Originally Posted by john5915 View Post
    I guess I see this as a garmin issue given my low range is sitting right next to the garmin and attached to exact same power source, I can even wrap my lowrance transducer cable around my MK power cord and no interference, not looking to bash garmin given I am open minded enough to put both on my boat, just frustrating, especially if I have to try to sell it now.

8. Member
    Yeah, good point

I hope Im not gonna regret shelling out good money for these units....Being installed now.
    2007 Basscat PII Anniversary Edition/200 Opti

Kevin, any update???????????

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1 View Post
    I hope Im not gonna regret shelling out good money for these units....Being installed now.
    They all have problems.....take a stroll through the Lowrance and bird forum. It happens to them all and is completely random.

12. Member
    Exactly. The one common denominator is the trolling motor.

Some of them just suck for interference.

The thing is, two guys can buy the same exact motor and install them on the same brand of boat and one will have horrible issues and the other one no problems at all.

Its MotorGuide and Minkotta who need to step up to the plate and fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by 11justin22 View Post
    They all have problems.....take a stroll through the Lowrance and bird forum. It happens to them all and is completely random.

13. Member
    I'm doing my part. I refuse to spend the big bucks without knowing with a high degree of certainty that interference will not be an issue. I would really like to have more features than just hit the pedal and go.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

14. Member
    Well I had a small breakthrough today for any keeping up with this. I realized I hadn't tried unhooking the charger. Got on the water pulled the fuses going to each leg of the battery from my charger effectively disconnecting it completely and eureka!!! It didn't completely remove but it made it MUCH better. Before I couldn't manually adjust the gain on 2d past 49 and it would start introducing interference. Now it will go to 65 before it start showing interference and the actual amount showing is way less. Just a quick small line then mostly gone. Before it was a huge band that would stay for 3-4 seconds. It also completely cleared the downview. Before if I would stay on the trolling motor the downview picture would completely disappear. I already have a few different ferrite cones and rings on the way and I'm going to go ahead and try to get rid of the last bit but today was defiantly a broke through.

15. Member
    Excellent!

16. Member
    Congrats! Wish it would've work for me....are you running a MG?

17. Member
    Yup....tour digital. Seems like that one is the one giving the most fits to the garmin echo imo.

18. Member
    Anyone running a maxxum 80 and echo map 93 with interference issues?

19. Member
    Are you having issues?

20. Member
    you mean to tell me you effectively disconnected the on board charger and it helped your interference? where do you have your garmin power wires going to? cranking battery?

I thought might try this but I have a dedicated alone battery for my garmins so im not sure the onboard charger could affect them all..

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast