Helix 10 SI GPS MEGA G2N D.O.A.

Just received the new helix 10 g2n yesterday, hooked it up to my battery only to have the lights come on but never power up. Have to unplug from the battery to turn off and try again only to have the same result. Sometimes the lights on the buttons flicker when I press the power button. Tried different batteries, direct wired and still dead. Being returned to Cabela's. Anyone else with problems?

If you only knew how these are handled when they're unloaded... I had a buddy who unloaded trucks at BpS and boxes are literally thrown around. I doubt that the unit was defective when it left HB. I'm sure they power them on before boxing to make sure that each unit turns on.

3. Member
    Yep have had 2 that were brand new but bad from factory . They repaired them and after that never had problem with either unit .
    still love my birds !
    2002 520dvx Ranger
    2014 225 mercury pro xs
    Garmin livescope-126sv ,
    Humminbird 859,
    Garmin 126sv ,
    helix 10 SI
    dual - pro powerpole
    112 ultrex

4. Banned
    They should replace a brand new unit with a brand new unit, not repair it. If they won't I'd return it and purchase again

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger-Jim View Post
    Yep have had 2 that were brand new but bad from factory . They repaired them and after that never had problem with either unit .
    still love my birds !
    On the other hand the stres they take in rough water mounted without any shock absorber is probably way more that when thrown around suspended in the box.
    Perhaps handling is good stress test, better to fail now then after warranty expired :)

6. Member
    Before this unit I had the Helix 10 SI and sent 3 of them back to Cabela's because of the temperature always dropping issue. HB refused to admit there was a problem until recently but I had sent 3 of them back already before "upgrading" to this. HB wanted me to send a brand new unit to them at my cost to get it fixed....Yeah right. Now I get a DOA Gen 2 unit....This has been an epic fail over the past 11 months since my original order of a HB helix 10. I doubt it was shipping damage. They always blame UPS.

7. Member
    2 post? And first talking about a DOA? OK

8. Member
    yes, latest mega unit doa, prior 2 units were G1 helix units with water temp issues. All returned. Try to keep up.

9. Member
    I bought 2 onix 8 si units when Cabelas had their closeout on them. And right off the bat had problems with them. Ended up sending both in to be fixed. But I will say that the place that fixes them, did a outstanding job and had them back to me way faster than I thought would happen.