Question Front deck questions 97 zx190c

Getting my 97 zx190c ready for a pad and carpet overhaul! When I got the carpet pulled up this is what I found! There was a bondo type of material over the top of the pedestal plate but it was all cracked so I removed it to see what I was working with, it looks to me like someone removed the plate for some reason and when they replaced they put bondo on to level the deck! Anyone ever see this or have comments? Also inside the pedestal holes I would like to change to threaded bushings anyone ever do this?

2. Member
    ?

I recanted a 03 sx190 and was the same from the factory that way. I was the original owner special order so no one touched it before me. Also did a buddies nitro last year and same thing. It was a body filler used to level out around plates.
    2016 Skeeter Tzx190 Yamaha 175 SHO

4. Member
    That's what I was thinking because the old carpet looks original! But I have to say that I think it looked kinda cheaply done but what do I know lol?

Ya think they look for the easy way out when doing stuff. I ended up refilling with Cody filler with fiberglass strands in it. Stronger then what they used and should hold up better or you could fill with epoxy filler.
    2016 Skeeter Tzx190 Yamaha 175 SHO