Locking the Minn Kota MKA-47

Anyone using the MKA-47 quick release bracket with a lock?

If so, what lock are you using? This is the one I found locally that works, but I'm not fond of having to turn and turn it to unlock it.

Attached Images Attached Images

That's what I'm using if I leave the motor on the boat for a day. All the keyed types (like Master) won't go thru the hole once the motor is on the boat. Since I take my motor off each time I use it I also use a small anchor shackle.

Keep in mind that it only takes a minute to remove the 4 side cover screws and 4 bolts to take the motor off the mount plate. I plan on changing mine so I can run the screws from the bottom of the plate up and use locknuts on the top.
    2018 Skeeter MX1825 w/175 Yamaha 4-Stroke
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    HB Helix 10 SI Mega, HB Helix 9 SI, Helix 9, Garmin 106SV
    USAF Ret

I have a regular paddle lock I use randomly. And to a common criminal they don't know it's only four screws so stop telling them. Just like I didn't know how easy it would be to break a locked latch till I owned a boat with them.

4. Member
    Thanks. A padlock hasp won't make the turn on mine, it's too close to the deck of the boat even wit the bushings.

A lock only buys time, not security.

Yeah keep honest people honest and make crooks work for it. I'm not sure why mine works. I know I put heat shrink on the metal loop and the body to keep scratching down.