Thread: It's Alive!

It's Alive!

All it needs is a new motor! Appointment to install 2 weeks away.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

2. Banned
    What is the thing to the left and graph looking thing on top?

The thing to the left is the Icon Touch 3.5c display. It monitors the G2 motor and allows changes in hydraulic steering sensitivity among other functions like auto trim. It shows all of the data that you would get from standard gauges like trim, water pressure, engine temps, etc. It can be used to monitor fuel usage and economy. It also allows switching between hotfoot and the concealed side mount remote control.

The graph looking thing on top is a Lowrance LMS 350. I know... I need an HDS unit. But the 350 still works great and provides GPS utilities perfectly. So, for now, it stays.

4. Banned
    Dang back when lowrance was made in the USA!

5. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Congrats! Looks great, with that modified retro look...very cool for sure.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 86 inches View Post

All it needs is a new motor! Appointment to install 2 weeks away.
    You might need a steering wheel!

Looks good.
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

Quote Originally Posted by Ed R View Post

Looks good.
    Ha ha!
    Its a Google self-driving boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    Congrats! Looks great, with that modified retro look...very cool for sure.
    This is what happens when you repower a 1994 Champ with a G2. I miss the original dash and instrument cluster. I prefer the look of the analog gauges.

9. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    What did you figure out about the hot foot.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    What did you figure out about the hot foot.
    For now, I have it mounted on the T&H slide and pushed as far forward as possible. It's too close to be comfortable but I think it will still be usable. Once the shop has it programed, I think I might just make some "adjustments". I believe that I can shorten the pedal arm without affecting any of the electronics. (I have a couple of ideas that might work.) Then I can cut the metal support bracket with a water jet to shorten it enough so that it can slide forward under the 'bubble' under the console.

If I chicken out on that idea and if it's just too close to be usable, I might just have to take it out. That would suck... losing my hotfoot AND my hydraulic plate might be more than I can stand!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed R View Post

Looks good.
    Funny story, if he has hydraulic steering he doesn't. Friend of mine bought a 206, his third Champ, and had his come off in Lake Michigan during a tx. Seems the screws holding it on weren't long enough with the fancy anodized aluminum trim behind the wheel. Many times the roughest water is around the pier heads because the waves bounce back and forth, well they were leaving the takeoff lake and running about 10 miles up lake MI to another lake, just cleared the pier and hit the rough stuff, wheel popped off, just handed it to his partner and drove just holding the hub. His partner about crapped when handed the steering wheel!

Matt
    \'96 202 Champ \"Old Blue\"

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 86 inches View Post
    For now, I have it mounted on the T&H slide and pushed as far forward as possible. It's too close to be comfortable but I think it will still be usable. Once the shop has it programed, I think I might just make some "adjustments". I believe that I can shorten the pedal arm without affecting any of the electronics. (I have a couple of ideas that might work.) Then I can cut the metal support bracket with a water jet to shorten it enough so that it can slide forward under the 'bubble' under the console.

If I chicken out on that idea and if it's just too close to be usable, I might just have to take it out. That would suck... losing my hotfoot AND my hydraulic plate might be more than I can stand!
    i had a hot foot in an older 190 and I had to twist it to were the pedal would depress off to the left. In other words, turn the pedal to were the face is pointing to the starboard side of boat. This allows you to move all the way up to the front of the console, but still allows pedal travel

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fish hound View Post
    Funny story, if he has hydraulic steering he doesn't. Friend of mine bought a 206, his third Champ, and had his come off in Lake Michigan during a tx. Seems the screws holding it on weren't long enough with the fancy anodized aluminum trim behind the wheel. Many times the roughest water is around the pier heads because the waves bounce back and forth, well they were leaving the takeoff lake and running about 10 miles up lake MI to another lake, just cleared the pier and hit the rough stuff, wheel popped off, just handed it to his partner and drove just holding the hub. His partner about crapped when handed the steering wheel!
    Just a guess, but was your friend leaving Muskegon Lake heading to White Lake? I may have needed new pants if my steering wheel came off.

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by champ93 View Post
    Just a guess, but was your friend leaving Muskegon Lake heading to White Lake? I may have needed new pants if my steering wheel came off.
    Yes, Muskegon to white, he had raw spots on his hand but he did it. I leave Muskegon for white any chance the rules allow, as do many.

Matt
    \'96 202 Champ \"Old Blue\"

Looking good, let us know how she performs with the new G2!