Done with this Sears Battery... What others are you guys running?

2005 Verado 275 #1B073523.. Ran a Sears Platinum the last 3 years and have had nothing but trouble. I run a 12" and 9" Touch units. Got to the lake yesterday and motor wouldnt turn over even though charger said fully charged,,, this has happened numerous times and left my jumper cables at home... Did have a chance to use my new MG xi5 Trolling motor kickass troller.

I see your recommended batteries Don ,,, but what have you guys personally had the best experience with also are you guys running a seperate charger to them? I would also like a link to the threaded battery terminal connectors posted since I cant find any online that look like the ones in the pic.

Thanks Chris
    Chris Beverly
    2005 Champion 206 Mercury Verado 275!!!

2. Member
    There are several good starting batteries out there, but my personal favorite it the Optima D31M. They put out considerably more than their rated CCA, and have been durable in my experience.
    David Patten
    Automotive and marine technician.

3. Member
    I personally run a 250 pro-xs, but I run optima's in all kinds of different equipment (boats, commercial diesel generators, tractors, medium duty trucks, diesel pickups etc.). The battery in your link isn't correct, type D31M into an amazon search and you will find it.
    David Patten
    Automotive and marine technician.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Threaded post/info is in the Batteries Thread, near the bottom of Post #1 in the thread.

See: "BATTERIES THAT MEET THE REQUIREMENT"

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Ive been running Interstates or WalMart style....went to a big Optima last spring when I bout the 921 with the Verado.

6. Member
    Northstar group 31 agm. Rock solid!

Get a big Lithium Battery 100ah or more.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

I went with the X2 Power from batteries plus. 31m My guess is that my onboard charger was not rated for an AGM battery causing it to fail,, Sears Pm1 .

Don maybe you can sticky onboard chargers rated to charge AGM batteries. ? You have always been a great help thanks.
    Chris Beverly
    2005 Champion 206 Mercury Verado 275!!!

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Unfortunately I'm pretty tight on "spare" time currently. If someone gets a GOOD list together, we can certainly add it.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

10. Member
    PM-1 since 2012 still strong as the day it went in. When the day comes I need to replace it either an X2 or Northstar AGM31 will sit in the tray.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

11. Member
    Went with Duracell from Sams Club
    They're a Deka battery and at a decent price point too...