Boom Goes the Powerhead… AO goes fishing… maybe

Unfortunately, it isn't all slo-mo boat flips and twenty pound limits. Sometimes it is blown powerheads, eighteen degree temperatures, post-front high pressure situations, and terrible fishing. This video fits squarely in the latter category.

Just keeping in 100% real and getting my weekly video out as promised.

As always, THANKS for watching and please subscribe to my channel!

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I thought you were gonna show the power head blowing up.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post

Well,the cameras weren't rolling when it happened, and quite honestly I don't know if the footage would of been appropriate for sharing, if you know what I mean, LOL.

4. Banned
    No, we don't know what you mean. Would we if we subscribe?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RobMVA View Post
    No, we don't know what you mean. Would we if we subscribe?
    Well, I still wouldn't have the footage if you subscribe (although I would REALLY appreciate it), but basically it would have been of a grown man gently cruising down the lake ant about 5400 RPMs at the end of a good day, having his motor all of a sudden drop about 500 RPMs and then run terribly as the boat limped back to the ramp about a mile or two away, while the driver pouted and boo hoo'd because he pretty much knew what happened.LOL

Thank to all who watched!

6. Member
    Dang. I wanted to see the powerhead BLOW UP. As in blow the cowling off and watch the reactions.

7. Member
    You didn't break in the new powerhead?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Z20basser View Post
    You didn't break in the new powerhead?
    I thought the same thing. I just had mine rebuilt and had to run double oil(smoked like an old chevy) and couldn't go above 3500 rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by bassin365 View Post
    I thought the same thing. I just had mine rebuilt and had to run double oil(smoked like an old chevy) and couldn't go above 3500 rpm.
    Yeah..and if its that cold you better have a damn warm motor to run. Lots of failures do to cold motor take offs.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post

11. Banned
    What brand of boat are you on? The camera angle makes the deck look so narrow. Thought of my dad as soon as i saw you with the guitar and sent chills down my spine. He was a old country boy who could play anything with strings. Glad i watched the video.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwmgg17 View Post
    What brand of boat are you on? The camera angle makes the deck look so narrow. Thought of my dad as soon as i saw you with the guitar and sent chills down my spine. He was a old country boy who could play anything with strings. Glad i watched the video.
    Thanks for the compliment. I used to play a lot of guitar in what seems like a lifetime ago.

My boat is a Bass Cat Pantera Classic. It definitely doesn't have the widest deck out there, but the camera angle also isn't doing it any favors.

13. Member
    Checking out your channel and you watch a lot of the same ones I do (Tactical Bassin, Flair, Jon B, Flukemaster, LFG). Check out Bamabass. Lots of good stuff.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwolff View Post
    Checking out your channel and you watch a lot of the same ones I do (Tactical Bassin, Flair, Jon B, Flukemaster, LFG). Check out Bamabass. Lots of good stuff.
    Yep! Good ol' BamaBass is another one I need to subscribe to!

And on the motor, no worries guys, she warmed up for at least five minutes before I took off. Also, this isn't a "brand new" powerhead I now have on my boat. It is a used, but in excellent condition dressed powerhead for my motor that a friend of mine had purchased to hot rod and put on one of his race boats. However, he hurt his back, doesn't think he is getting in a race boat again, and helped me out by selling it to me dirt cheap to get me back on the water quickly. I followed my mechanic's advice (who is also a friend of both mine and the guy who sold me the motor, and he was familiar with my "new" powerhead) for running it and mainly kept it in the 3000-4000 range or below to make sure everything seemed to be working as it should, except for one quick run up to 5000 RPMs (which I was told was fine). And I think this new powerhead is stronger than my old one; without even really playing with the trim I had it at 62 MPH at 5000 RPMs, and bet I get 70 or more when I get it dialed in on a good running day. That is plenty fast enough for me.

Very disappointed.

False advertising. No powerhead blowing up. It might have been epic.

16. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    LOL was hoping to see an epic Talladega type blowout...

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cart7 View Post
    Very disappointed.

False advertising. No powerhead blowing up. It might have been epic.
    Sorry to disappoint. I'll try to do better next time.