Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..

Ice storm bad here,

We had freezing rain all last night and my driveway is a sheet of ice and there is still some freezing rain coming down from the Heavens. I live on a hill 12ft in last 50 feet of driveway and when I was throwing salt(?) I almost slid about 5 feet and I am on top of the Hill. Truck is a sheet of ice and I think I will have remote start on several times till doors unfreeze. I was in some Real ice storms in the Ozarks in March. Twice I got out of truck on the lake road I slid downhill all the way to my porch. Any one else have ice storms today ? How's the driving ?
    Last edited by Basscaster; 01-12-2017 at 09:13 AM.

No ice here yet, but we start a winter storm advisory at 6pm to 6pm Sunday. Chance for .5" to 1" of ice.

We're expecting 1/4" - 3/4" of ice in St. Louis starting tomorrow mid day and continuing thru Sunday morning. The last time we had that much ice I was without power for over a week... I'm just praying we miss most of it.

My wife's 40th birthday party is planned for Saturday evening 6pm-10pm. I have a hall, a DJ, a photographer, and over 100 guests that were supposed to attend. Looks like I might be spending the evening at home and just writing off the $1,000 I have spent

4. Banned
    Where's Yates Center ?

We had ice on tuesday. It rained for a couple hours then the temp dropped like 20 degrees and froze everything into a mess. roads are still a mess in town where the flowing water turned to ice.

6. Member
    It was bad by my house last night I had to go pull my neighbor out of the ditch. Luckily for us the county plow truck was checking to see if he was in his vehicle when we got there and he loaded the road with salt.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

7. Banned
    Thanks for Your Ice >> Iowa Bass Hunter !! Next time, Keep it over in Iowa. LOL

I am right on the southern border of the ice swath that is predicted to hit this area starting tonight.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basscaster View Post
    Wait for it......you'll have more this weekend.

BTW.....You're Welcome

I had quite a bit of ice on the truck this morning. I take I80 to work daily and it wasn't bad at all. I'm hoping it doesn't get as bad as they say this weekend cause I got PBR ticket to the show up in Rosemont.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    We're expecting 1/4" - 3/4" of ice in St. Louis starting tomorrow mid day and continuing thru Sunday morning. The last time we had that much ice I was without power for over a week... I'm just praying we miss most of it.

My wife's 40th birthday party is planned for Saturday evening 6pm-10pm. I have a hall, a DJ, a photographer, and over 100 guests that were supposed to attend. Looks like I might be spending the evening at home and just writing off the $1,000 I have spent
    Yep waiting for it to show up tomorrow. The stores are already out of milk, eggs, and bread. I hate ice. My wife is going to have to find a way to get home from work tomorrow night and then back to work on Saturday morning which could suck. The ice we had a couple weeks back, it took her 6 hours and this one is supposed to be a lot worse.

12. Banned
    Expecting ice in the Indy area Friday night into the weekend. It was 63 this morning when I left for work.
    Going to be in the low 40s by the time I leave work this afternoon.

13. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I decided since it was 57 this morning it would be a good time to hang some new shop light (boat garage) fixtures. My 20-year-old cheapie fluorescents don't like to come on in cold or damp weather. Went to price LED fixtures and found some 4-foot, 3300 lumen ones for $13 at Menards. Back home, it took less than 1/2 hour to hang 2 new fixtures, which are way brighter than those old tubes.

That's the good news, because I'm now done working outside for the day. In less than an hour, temp dropped 19 degrees and it's pouring rain. Better than ice, though! Be careful, guys.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

Everyone be safe!

15. Member
    Hi Mike.

Where's Yates Center ?
    Once you find the middle of nowhere you are close.

If you go aproxamatly 60 miles West of the MO, KS borders and aproxamatly 60 miles North of the OK, KS border you will be there.

17. Swap & Sell Moderator mrbasser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jbassman87 View Post
    Once you find the middle of nowhere you are close.

If you go aproxamatly 60 miles West of the MO, KS borders and aproxamatly 60 miles North of the OK, KS border you will be there.
    - but some GREAT eatin' @ The Feedbunk over there!

Hoping we miss it over here in CJ but tomorrow is not looking too good.
    Karma is real... DON'T BE A D!CK!!!

18. Banned
    I'm in Mt. Pleasant, IA. for work, and no ice here. Cold, sunny, and dry.

Your just lucky we used up a lot of it...LOL

20. Member
    Supposed to be hit tonight. Be careful out there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast