Thread: Tempest prop

Tempest prop

Buddy of mine screwed his prop up Sunday and doesn't have a spare but I do. He runs a Yamaha hpdi 225 with a 26 pitch not sure of the brand. Question is i have a spare 25 pitch tempest that I run on a mercury. Will it fit his motor? Will we need to change the hub kit? Yes we know it's dropping in pitch, but he was wanting to try a lower pitch for better hole shot anyway.

2. Member
    I have ran Merc props on a Yammie and vice versa but you will need a Merc thrust washer on the Yammie and it takes some finagling with the prop nut locking assembly. Merc uses a crown bushing with a locking tab washer and Yammie uses a crown nut with a cotter key,you probably know that though. I have lots of prop junk so I was able to make it work.

3. Member
    They make a hub kit for the Mercury props to run on Yamaha's. I have a 26p Tempest Plus I might part with.

4. Member
    I always used the Mercury hub kit but used the Yamaha prop nut and cotter key. I used the Mercury star washer also.

I have been wondering the same thing. I have two mercury hub kits and wondering if it fits.