What would you do if your OX66 sat for nearly 2 years?

Hopefully, if the planets align, I'll get my rebuild done this spring and get the boat back on the water. my 200hp OX66 has been sitting in my heated and cooled basement (walkout with a garage door) this entire time, about a year and a half now. Before I pulled it I essentially winterized it and have been turning it over every couple of months just so the pistons aren't siting in the same position for too long. The oil and fuel systems have been drained this entire time. I went ahead and had the injectors cleaned and checked out by Brucatto, cleaned the O2 sensor, put in Chris Carson reeds, changed all seals on the lower and put a new water pump rebuild kit on it.

I guess that new impeller that's been sitting could be a problem, but again, it's in an environmentally controlled area, so not hot, cold, too dry or too damp.

Any words of wisdom for how I should proceed getting it running again and hopefully preventing any big problems?
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

2. Member
    Sounds like you covered it pretty good. Maybe a set of plugs, ringfree in the gas and have at it.

3. Member
    If you don't already have a 10 micron, now would be a great time to add....

4. Member
    The only thing that I would watch is the impeller. I normally put 3 seasons on mine with no issues. Yours has been in a climate controlled area, did you just bump it over or did you fire it without water? CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

5. Member
    Fresh gas and go.

6. Member
    It's sitting on a block on the floor with the LU off, so I just spin the fly wheel by hand every so often.

I was going to decarbon it when I fired it back up, that was the original plan, but this has take way longer than I had hoped. I may still do that shortly after getting it running again, and then switch plugs. Already have a new set ready to go.

I do have a 10 micron, actually, I think it's finer than that, it's the Yamaha blue remote water separator fuel filter that threads on like a oil filter. I have a 35 micron pre filter that fuel from the tank goes through first, then the fine filter, then directly to the VST with it's filter (also change that out, the original was pretty grungy.) Might be controversial, but I did away with the factory block mounted filter, seemed redundant for fuel coming from the water separator in the bilge, and running through one continuous hose to the VST. No primer bulb, have an electric lift pump.

Thanks gents.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

7. Member
    If you are showing water pressure at high idle 2000rpm I'd run it. Mine runs around 8-10 at 2000+ cj
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.