Little help for a friend please

A friend of mine has a 21xd " I think it's an 05"and recently he blew his 300x, well he sold the "X" and bought a new 250xs with a torque master and 1.75 gears and has a 14" plate, I think he's running a turbo top-ot4 that came off the "X",and since it's still in break in he hasn't opened it up yet. Questions are:
    what rpm should this motor be propped for?
    whats a good set up for this combo? "prop to pad"
    what prop would y'all recommend?
    and what should he expect out of this combo?
    its his first bullet and he never really opened the 300x up bc it blew before he got enough seat time to learn it, but I told him I would ask you guys to see what he might could expect out of this combination. Thks in advance .

2. Member
    Too bad the 300x blew

3. Member
    The motor has a 6300 limiter, but I like to shoot for 6K . 3/4" below pad works well for pretty much all props. I'm guessing he has the gen2 torque master, which tends to vent or spin on hole shot with a heavy load. A 28 Bravo with flare (not XS,FS) will not spin and still run around 80 with 2 people. Try the TXP if its a 26-27, It may work fine for him.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Leebob View Post
    The motor has a 6300 limiter, but I like to shoot for 6K . 3/4" below pad works well for pretty much all props. I'm guessing he has the gen2 torque master, which tends to vent or spin on hole shot with a heavy load. A 28 Bravo with flare (not XS,FS) will not spin and still run around 80 with 2 people. Try the TXP if its a 26-27, It may work fine for him.
    ^^^^ This
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

How much did he get for the X?

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    How much did he get for the X?
    if he tells me I can say after he reads this thread I'll answer that but as me reading how much a sports master can go for I think he could've got a little more but maybe he did pretty good, but sorry I didn't give a direct answer on that, if it was me I would have no problem saying. Hope you understand and thks for everyone's help.

The mid and clamp should be every 3.0 owners dream.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

8. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    Are the 300x really that in demand? Amazing that an old technology is still so wanted...wonder what a 133 hour original powerhead with offshore trim, sportmaster, 1.62's, and a cowl that doesnt have a scratch on it would be worth? In all honesty, i have always wanted a 21xdc/300x so the price would be irrelevant...but dang, makes you wonder!
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

9. Banned
    I would not trade my x for a brand knew 300xs but that's me

I wouldnt trade my 116hr X for 2 brand new optis of any flavor.

11. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    Alli
    That's awesome. 116 hours. I thought my 05 x with 133 was good. I have to admit for the 5 months out of the year we get to boat up here and the limited lakes we can actually run WOT (still haven't been able to as of yet) a new 300xs with warranty would be enticing. Even though I've only owned my x for about a year I don't think I'd be able to do it. I absolutely unequivocally love this motor. The warranty would be nice though. If someone said $3,000 plus my x for a brand new 300xs I'd have to think real bard about it. Hopefully these motors wouldn't bring that much as a sale so for now don't have to worry. I could be wrong though since I don't know what the market is.
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs