Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Praying Lost my dad on 12/28 thanks for the previous prayers

i know there have been some people asking for updates on my dad and I can't tell you enough how much that means to me. It has taken a while to be able to do this.... I lost my dad on 12/28. Thank you to everyone that has offered help, suggestions, prayers and concerns for my dad, me and my family. I have lost close aunts and uncles in the past that I loved dearly, but nothing compares to losing your dad. When I moved out I only moved 2 miles down the road. We did everything together, hunt, fish, motorcycles, atvs and even started a business together. He was my best friend, mentor and the epitome of what a dad should be. I had always told him after the birth of my son that if I can be as good as a father to my son that you have been to me then I will consider my life complete. I am sad and angry that he is gone, but I do cherish and appreciate every moment we spent together.

For those that still have their dad around, spend as much time with them as possible. Remind them how good they are and tell them you love them everyday!

From the the bottom of my heart, again I appreciate all the kind words that all of you have expressed. I ask that you keep my mom and brother (JINXBASS) in your prayers moving forward.

One last thing... (sorry so long haha) my father was a Vietnam Vet. If you see a vet, shake their hand and thank them for their service!

Thanks again

2. Banned
    Sorry for your loss.

Man, so sorry for your loss.

4. Member
    So sorry for your loss. I feel your pain. I hope all your great memories help you through this time of grief. Prayers sent.

5. Member
    Very sorry for your loss..
    My dad passed in 2014 and he was my best friend. ...It still bothers me but that is OK...I know when I am hunting or riding my dirt bikes he is watching..Doing those things aND stomping the same grounds actually makes me feel a little better..
    Did you get a flag for the funeral?? If not contact your loCal VFW and they can point you in the right direction..It's a nice thing to have..

Sorry for your loss

I understand only my father figure was my grandfather which we were lucky to have him around for 98 years. Great thing was he didn't slow down much until the last year then only the last couple months but pasted easy one night 15 years ago. The missing, hurt and pain never really goes away just gets a little easier to deal with. Hang in there!

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

7. Member
    Damn man........Sorry to hear that.

So sorry for your loss
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

With your words that you shared, he is very proud of you and your family

10. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is very tough.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

11. Member
    Sorry

12. Member
    So sorry for you--I know how much your heart aches for your dad--was the same way with my dad--he was my best friend-hunted and fished and worked on lawn mowers together--know that time does help but you never will get over it completely--not sure that you should or want to--Jan 20 my dad will be gone 17 years and I still miss him every day. If you still have your dad I agree please enjoy his presence because it sure leaves a big hole in your life when they are gone

13. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Wonderful tribute and great advice... It's tough losing our heroes (lost mine in '02).

Lifting you and your family.
    Who controls John Gill?

14. Member
    I'm sorry. I dread the day mine goes. I will send some prayers up for you and your family

Very sorry to hear that!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can relate to every word you wrote. I lost my Dad almost 30 years now. Be strong and you will still be in my prayers

BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

19. Member
    That sux. I know you were worried for him. May the passage of time and a lifetime of memories ease your pain.

20. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Lost mine 15 years ago and think about him all the time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast