Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lithium jump starters 3l

Looking at these to carry in the truck and boat seems like the companies all rate these differently. Will any of them work to jump start a 250xs..lm looking at the noco gb70 and the weego n44..thanks

2. Member
    Maybe, it would depend on the condition of the dead battery.....in my boat I would just jumper cable off of one, or more, of the 3 trolling motor batteries.

3. Member
    Im running 36v lithiums and there in the front the starting battery is in the back..yes i could still hook up a jumper switch, there is a 12v post on the lithiums.i just dont want to do anything to short those ..

4. Member
    I'm running four relion lithiums in my stroker. zero issues cranking. Cranks better than my old oddesey grp 31.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    As stated, would depend on the state of discharge of the cranking battery, the cleanliness of your jump-starter's connection to that battery, and the rating/charge-state of the jump starter.

As a general rule, it is ALWAYS best to have an amply-rated, fully charged CRANKING battery connected. There are inherent risks when you attempt to jump start (generally caused by human error- even if just for a split second).

All of the above being said- we all know that if you're 20 miles down the river, and your engine won't start, you're going to do what you have to and head home.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Thanks for replies, yes i do have a good cranking battery.just always worry when fish a long time in one spot with live wells , graphs, power poles working the cranking battery wont have enougb at the end of the day..my cramking battery is an agm and thats a lil of a concern to me jumping it off a lithium...
    The noco chargers are supposedly idiot proof as far as the connections are concerned and its also something i could carry in the truck..the noco 70 is rated at 2000 peak amps 15700 joules,but thats not cranking amps.they say they dont rate c.c.a. s..again thanks for all replies..

7. Member
    Bought a NOCO GB70 for my boat. I haven't needed it for my boat yet, but I can tell you it jumped my Nissan Titan without issue when all I was getting was a clicking noise form the ignition one morning last week. Supposedly impossible to any damage with this model. If hooked up backwards nothing happens. Will not spark (according to NOCO) ever, even if leads are hooked up backwards or touch each other.
    Steve Bailey
    2019 Ranger Z520C
    2019 Mercury 250L Pro XS TM
    SER# 2B575047

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Have you contacted Danny @ Stealth? He has a jump start kit that will work with the 12v Lithium Pro connections.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

9. Member
    No i havent , didnt know he had one, thanks for the info..

10. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by basser38 View Post
    No i havent , didnt know he had one, thanks for the info..
    Yes Sir!
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0