Injector service/ fuel rail service????? What is the correct approch????

2012 Mercury pro xs 250
    serial # 1b916908

I guess this is aimed at Don, but others may have already done this so I do not want to bother him with the crazy questions. I bought a 2012 puma last year with 140 hours on it. Now I have 310 hours on it and have heard to get the injectors cleaned and calibrated. I want to do this, but I am also seeing a fuel rail cleaning. Is this necessary? From the sticky note I read sounds like he recommends sending in the whole fuel system intact. I tried figuring the pricing but a little unsure. I just ordered a manual, fuel filter, water pump, spark plugs from his website so am I missing anything else? Thanks for all of your help.
    Last edited by JINXBASS; 01-11-2017 at 06:09 PM.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

2. Member
    I had Don do a cleaning/testing for me on a previous 250 and I also sent him a set from a buddies 225. I recommend and will only have the entire system checked/cleaned by him because they are all crucial components and in both cases, Don found and corrected, issues with all components. It is your engine and your dollar but I can personally vouch for the work done and benefit of having all parts of the system done. Rails, VST, direct and fuel injectors.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Weare View Post
    I had Don do a cleaning/testing for me on a previous 250 and I also sent him a set from a buddies 225. I recommend and will only have the entire system checked/cleaned by him because they are all crucial components and in both cases, Don found and corrected, issues with all components. It is your engine and your dollar but I can personally vouch for the work done and benefit of having all parts of the system done. Rails, VST, direct and fuel injectors.
    What was the cost? Thanks
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

4. Member
    Ballpark $6-700

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You would need to send the rails, complete with ALL hoses still attached to them (do not remove any allen-head screws during disassembly).

Also the Direct (Air) Injectors should be wrapped separately in bubble wrap, and sent in (with a Service Request Form, which you can download from the below link):

INTEGRITY Injection

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    You really should have a manual for your engine serial number before you start this project. I also recommend Don, as he did my rails/injectors and fine work I might add. The only other injector service option I'd consider is Brucato's.

Though for a 2.5L Optimax, the process is very similar, you can see what needs to be done in this post (ignore the reed replacement steps) - Fuel Rail and Direct Injector Removal
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox579 View Post
    You really should have a manual for your engine serial number before you start this project. I also recommend Don, as he did my rails/injectors and fine work I might add. The only other injector service option I'd consider is Brucato's.

Though for a 2.5L Optimax, the process is very similar, you can see what needs to be done in this post (ignore the reed replacement steps) - Fuel Rail and Direct Injector Removal

Thanks for the info and yes I ordered a manual from Europeanmarine.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    You would need to send the rails, complete with ALL hoses still attached to them (do not remove any allen-head screws during disassembly).

Also the Direct (Air) Injectors should be wrapped separately in bubble wrap, and sent in (with a Service Request Form, which you can download from the below link):

INTEGRITY Injection
    Thanks and as soon as I get the manual I will get everything pulled off and sent to you. Also when you perform this service can you return with the proper clamps and tool for the clamps? I just do not know how many clamps and other small parts.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    We will normally set you up with the necessary clamps, unless you instruct us otherwise.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    We will normally set you up with the necessary clamps, unless you instruct us otherwise.
    Sounds great!!!! It will get to you as soon as my manual comes in. Thanks again for all you do.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx