What do yall think it's worth.

Selling the 87 Ragin Cajun. Everything works. IM NOT POSTING IT FOR SALE HERE JUST ASKING WHAT YALL THINK ITS WORTH.

The boat has had the seat and carpet replaced a few years ago, Transom rebuilt with composite, MK 70 lb trolling motor. If I were to rate this boat id give it 4 out of 5 stars. It has some scratchs because I used it. There are no soft spots, Not even around the floor drain. It has one spot on the back corner thats a little faded. The soft will wet sanding out.

And a 2007 eveinrude etc 150 ho withabout 400 hours give or take. I will have an exact hour print out soon. The motor has a viper prop and sea star steering

Last edited by Tim W; 01-11-2017 at 05:50 PM.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

I'll trade you engines even up for my '95 150 FastStrike before you sell. lol
    Seriously though Tim, that is one clean machine! Pricing it will be a tough call.
    Used prices are all over the map, from $2500 - $6000 in the late '80s to mid-'90s years, with period motors.
    The pluses for you are:
    Cleanliness of the package - not going to find an '87 much cleaner!
    Structurally and cosmetically perfect - no major (or really even minor) repairs needed, right?
    Modern engine w/hydraulic steering - little to no worries about motor problems.
    These things make it a "add your electronics and go fish" rig.
    If I had to guess, I'd say it will likely sell to the right person at $4900 - $5300 (because of the motor), but might take awhile to find that buyer because of the boat's age and obscurity. Maybe start out at $5800??
    Problem is, there are 20' rigs in that era for $5500. And bigger seems to be the direction people want to go.
    Is there a big market for smaller rigs in your area? Do you need it gone quickly, or can you wait for top dollar? Spring is seller's market - if it doesn't sell during spring/early summer, buyer list will likely shrink as summer progresses.

Bottom line: You can always go lower, but you can't go higher. Advertise it on the high-side if you can afford to hold it for awhile; let potential buyers know you are willing to reasonably negotiate.

I'm just spit-balling - I have no clue on the Texas boat market. I'd say copy this post to the General Bassboat Topics forum and see what the experts think. You may get some bites too.

No repairs are needed. Na it doesn't have to sell right away. I just did not know where to start. I don't want to be too high and I did not want to be too low.
    Thanks for ur input.

Yea the boat is really clean and in great condition

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

Don't give it away that boat is beautiful. I assume your looking for something a bit bigger, otherwise you would never think of getting rid of your Cajun. I purchased mine last fall right before the snow flew and paid $3500 for it. Its a 1990 17'6" Rajin Cajun as well with 150 HP Evinrude Intruder. I would say without electronics I would ask $4300 for mine. The biggest value in any boat this age is the motor. I looked at a lot of junk out there before I bought mine so I would put a premium on that factor alone. I would say high end low $6k to start. Who knows you might decide to keep it!
    Jim
    1991 17 ft Ragin Cajun
    150 Evinrude Intruder

I have a Triton 19 XS Elite. I don't have anywhere to store it. It currenty at my mom and dad's and I think they want their garage back. Lol