Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Every rod I've ever ordered from TW or anywhere else online has used cardboard tubes. I've had a rod drop shipped from the manufacturer in a cardboard tubes. I've had one get broke and TW shipped me the replacement in a cardboard tube. We get copper pipe at work in cardboard tubes. Most likely bad luck and they probably would of broke the PVC too.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

I had 2 Dobyns rods shipped to me from Dick's when they were on clearance. They were shipped in a PVC tube and were still both snapped in half. You could clearly see the stress marks where the PVC had been bent in half. It's always going to be hit or miss. Never received one broken from TW though, even in cardboard tubes...just been lucky there I guess.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bschwoep View Post
    Every rod I've ever ordered from TW or anywhere else online has used cardboard tubes. I've had a rod drop shipped from the manufacturer in a cardboard tubes. I've had one get broke and TW shipped me the replacement in a cardboard tube. We get copper pipe at work in cardboard tubes. Most likely bad luck and they probably would of broke the PVC too.
    Yep

4. Member
    maybe the rod company will help you out I know powells have to be shipped back to the manufacturer for replacement

Quote Originally Posted by TFJR87 View Post
    I had 2 Dobyns rods shipped to me from Dick's when they were on clearance. They were shipped in a PVC tube and were still both snapped in half. You could clearly see the stress marks where the PVC had been bent in half. It's always going to be hit or miss. Never received one broken from TW though, even in cardboard tubes...just been lucky there I guess.
    Dang!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234