Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    My dad mailed a flyrod to Fenwick in an aluminum case one time. They notified him it was too far gone to repair and sent it back. That poor thing had been put through a mail sorter. Metal was cut and crushed in multiple places.

2. Member
    Dew Screw UPS.....I get my Denali rods shipped via FedEx. Haven't had any problems. Sorry to see your goods are broke.
    Former USAF Gunner B-52H

I second the use of schedule 40 pipe however the postal service is nothing but a bunch of monkeys and yes I said a bunch of monkeys they do not care about packages whatsoever.Hidden cameras prove the monkey are idiots and act like prehistoric apes when sorting boxes...youtube usps fail ...

4. Member
    When shipping ship as collectable and buy insurance as such $500.00 for $150.00 rod insurance is cheap and if they break .......welll

Quote Originally Posted by grayline View Post
    I second the use of schedule 40 pipe however the postal service is nothing but a bunch of monkeys and yes I said a bunch of monkeys they do not care about packages whatsoever.Hidden cameras prove the monkey are idiots and act like prehistoric apes when sorting boxes...youtube usps fail ...
    You sound like someone who was fired from the Post Office!

6. Member
    I have a few Cardboard Tubes and they are pretty thick, Course you get what you pay for in the shipping

2016 Phoenix 921 ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

7. Banned
    This tube is thick and heavy duty. It took some weight to crush through the tube. I talked to the seller and I'm going to take them back and see what they say. Hopefully USPS pays, if not me and the seller will work something out because I don't want him to be on the hook for the entire thing just like I don't want to. We'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzebackfive View Post
    This tube is thick and heavy duty. It took some weight to crush through the tube. I talked to the seller and I'm going to take them back and see what they say. Hopefully USPS pays, if not me and the seller will work something out because I don't want him to be on the hook for the entire thing just like I don't want to. We'll see what happens.
    Why should the seller be on the hook for any of it. He packaged it correctly and USPS broke it. I had a rod broken in a tube that was packaged properly and never even contemplated holding the seller responsible for the replacement cost. It's the chance you take when having rods shipped.

They got me about 6 months ago.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cneubass79 View Post
    Why should the seller be on the hook for any of it. He packaged it correctly and USPS broke it. I had a rod broken in a tube that was packaged properly and never even contemplated holding the seller responsible for the replacement cost. It's the chance you take when having rods shipped.
    The seller is 100% responsible. He is the one that paid for shipping and insurance. The buyer did not do any business with USPS, the seller did.

11. Bob G's pool boy
    If I order something from Bass Pro and it arrives broken, I expect Bass Pro to send me one that isn't broken or refund my money since I paid for something that wasn't broken. What they do from there is up to them.

"I am going to Eufala to just idle around"
    -Haus

***NEW*** 2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4 cause I am such a baller.
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s with a bent ass trailer
    HDS16 live- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 live W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

Instagram @brettcarnright. Teamviewer: bCarnrite@33

Bought 6 rods and they came last week three to a package. One was a cardboard tube the other is a cardboard tube in a long cardboard box. Both were marked with a sticker "Do Not Convey" and there was not a mark on them. I have been lucky though, never had a rod broke yet that was in a cardboard tube.

13. Banned
    I've shipped and received over 100 rods in cardboard tubes and never had an issue. Bigges difference is I always ship via FedEx. I would never trust a rod going USPS.

14. Member
    You should always get pictures if it looks like it is damaged even before opening the package. CYA .02$

15. Member
    I received 2 rods from Academy on Monday through the United States Postal Service. While they weren't packaged as well as yours, both of them were broken. One of them was sticking out of the packaging about a 18 inches and the other looked like it had been run over by a truck several times. I looked at the lady behind the counter at the post office and all she would say is "They arrived here that way".

My honest belief is that if its not a letter that can be sent with a single stamp on it, we all should use another carrier.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Sorry but this is not accurate. When filing a claim with a parcel carrier, the sender generally files the claim as they processed the shipment, not the receiver, even if the receiver accepted it. And on eBay, the sender would be 100% responsible if this was an ebay transaction. The seller is fully responsible for ensuring safe delivery to the buyer and are on the hook if they opted not to buy insurance or tracking. Many parcels are left by courrier companies and are never inspected at point of delivery at a house or business.

Been running an import and sales business for 13 years, the sender files the claim 99% of the time and I've been on both ends of it with usps, canadapost, dhl, fedex, ups, canpar and a bunch of overseas carriers. Many actually tell you flat out only the sender may file a claim and you have to argue with them if the sender is not cooperating.
    SO you are referring to Commercially with an account over consumer that is individual.......OK.....Got it

I agree that COMMERCIALLY if I sent a part to you and it arrived bad, I am responsible not you.....but were not talking about that are we? But I agree with you on that segment......and I too have been Shipping/Receiveing parts VIA Fed-Ex & International & UPS for close to 20 years now. USPS has a different look on things. I had to learn how they wanted things done from a consumer to consumer aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping57 View Post
    The seller is 100% responsible. He is the one that paid for shipping and insurance. The buyer did not do any business with USPS, the seller did.

It should always be between the 2 in the transaction to agree upon something, not any of us. And BOTH of them accepted the terms on shipping, so both have an agreed upon shipping & both have just as much stake in it.
    Last edited by R.D.; 01-12-2017 at 08:50 AM.

USPS broke a rod that I had shipped before, I know the feeling and will never use them again.

18. Member
    If the seller doesn't refund the buyers money then the buyer is getting screwed by the seller.

If I sell a rod for $250 and I ship it and pay for insurance and shipping which could be close to $40. The seller should just refund the the $250 and eat the $40 and be out a rod if insurance doesn't pay.

I insure everything I sell on here even if the buyer did not request it and I package everything in pvc. I actually sent a guy a dobyns flipping stick and USPS cracked the rod in half and I actually filled the claim and sent him a check because I felt bad but I don't really feel it was on me to do that and I would do the same again but that's just me I guess. I wouldn't expect someone else to do the same for me.

If you don't want to use USPS, you should request who you want before the sale

If I ship a rod in schedule 40 pvc and I insure it for the sale price I have done everything I can do to protect the buyer. If it breaks they should get a full refund. If USPS doesn't pay that's not on the seller.

20. Member
    Are those problems with the private sellers? I have not seen anything about buying rods for TW or other retailers. I have bought several rods from them with never any issues. Just curious what everyone else is seeing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast