Thread: Xr2 miss fire

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    when you bring idle timing down idle will more than likely come down if not adjust idle.

Thanks I'm going to set it all up again and see how it idles. Also when I pulled my plugs I noticed that there was barely any fuel on them they almost looked brand new but there was fuel. I went and did a compression test and it checked good. Is this normal or should I be seeing more on the plugs? I just rebuilt the carb's also

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 09merc75 View Post
    Thanks I'm going to set it all up again and see how it idles. Also when I pulled my plugs I noticed that there was barely any fuel on them they almost looked brand new but there was fuel. I went and did a compression test and it checked good. Is this normal or should I be seeing more on the plugs? I just rebuilt the carb's also
    You will need to perform a COMPLETE Sync-n-Link Procedure, per the instructions in the manual. Mandatory any time the carbs have been loosened or removed (same for the trigger, removal of the idle stabilizer or advance module, new switchboxes, etc).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

I'm waiting for my Manuel to come in. Is there anywhere I can download one? Trying to get it done by Thursday.

Had a little time to mess with it tonight. I stopped by my local merc shop and they printed out the info for me. Did the sync and link then checked timing I get 4 at idle and about 23 at wot. My idle when the motor is running is around 850. I should drop when it's in the water. How far off am i?

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Should be very close. Make sure you set the timing pointer (using a dial indicator) before starting.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12