Strsighted an axle?

So last fall I had to buy a new axle for my trailer and turns out it came to me bent and has completely chewed up a tire on one side. It is bent so that it makes the tire sort of angle in. I live in central IL and was wondering if anyone on here knows any alignment shops in IL that can straighten it out for me?

2. Member
    Well that sucks. Torsion bar axle?

3. Banned
    Where did you purchase from? Who delivered it?

4. Member
    Some small trailer axles have a factory bend in them and it faces up. If you have a big trailer for like a fiberglass bass boat, this doesn't usually apply.

5. Member
    Sounds like you got an axle with camber built into it. You probably needed/need a straight axle, usually have to be ordered threw Dexter/UFP or Tiedown MFG
    2019 Phoenix 721 ProXp
    2019-250 H.P. Mercury ProXs 4 Stroke V8 Serial# 2B531797

6. Member
    It's a bar axle that i ordered from Ranger, nobody else had what I needed because it's a drop axle, 2x3 rectangular beam, spindles are welded on top of the beam. I contacted a lot of trailer dealerships and all of them told me I had to get it from Ranger. The bend isn't supposed to be there, it's making the tire toe in. Just wondering if anyone knew of any place in IL or close that can straighten it out. I have been told an alignment shop can do it but all the shops I've called locally have no clue what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by 96ranger492vs; 01-16-2017 at 03:13 PM.

7. Banned
    I would send it back. Your right the 2x3 axles have the spindles welded in a jig for the Camber. What you describe is Toe In or Toe Out.which is not put in a trailer axle. So what your saying the axle is bent front to back.? I would call UFP. They probably made the axle to start with. PM DABS on here, he works for UFP.

8. Member
    Is that his full screen name DABS?

9. Banned

10. Member
    So I have been doing a little research on the subject and am thinking it may have been under inflation. Does anyone have am opinion if this bend could cause this kind of wear to a tire? The tire did have a slow leak, I'm just wondering if I should try replacing the tire first and seeing if it was just low pressure or if in someone's opinion the bend in the axle caused the excessive wear?

11. Member
    I ordered a replacement axle from DABS last year, for the cost of the axle and the shape of that tire I would do both. I think I paid less than $100 for my axle. I can't see the bend from my phone but if it's there just get a new axle. That tire is shot!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyed View Post
    I ordered a replacement axle from DABS last year, for the cost of the axle and the shape of that tire I would do both. I think I paid less than $100 for my axle. I can't see the bend from my phone but if it's there just get a new axle. That tire is shot!
    It's just frustrating because I already have over $500 invested in this one and it's less than 6 months old

13. Banned
    Would take a awfull lot to bend that. Doubt it was done in shipping.

14. Member
    I know, but I worked for a shipping company for a long time loading and unloading, you'd be surprised what stupid people are capable of.

15. Member
    I, as previously mentioned in above comment, would call ranger first and explain the situation.
    As far as straightening the axle try a body shop with a frame machine and provide them with specs and measurements.

16. Member
    We have an alignment shop that straightens and aligns trailer axles. Might check around your area.
    Rick Collis
    903-473-8820

17. Member
    I can confirm that