Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by John Henry Irons View Post
    They do. I believe in Thundercat's previous efforts he never had any issues with his set up, however, he added a bigger jackplate to give it more water to play in.
    10-4 I remember.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Henry Irons View Post
    They do. I believe in Thundercat's previous efforts he never had any issues with his set up, however, he added a bigger jackplate to give it more water to play in.
    Yep. Ran with him (a bit behind) at fall rally and his "PRO XB" is one stout motor.....we couldn't believe how much gas it burns! Very fast but thirsty. I am running a L2 case on 200HO 3.3 but smaller lighter single console outlaw. I think you need to be at 250hp and above on a 2100-2200 to get the speed gains. A torquemaster will get you the same speed until you get into low to mid 80's JMHO
    Gambler Outlaw 1900 SC
    Mercury Optimax 200 3.0 liter Torquemaster
    Mercury Trophy 25P
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    Garmin 106sv Ultra & 93sv UHD

3. Member
    So from what I have read and gained, a coned lower may help my boat from blowout if I reached the 85 mark. Overall i would expect a negligible difference. However we are saying it is not going to hurt performance if I were to add one.

No real conclusion on the toquemaster 2 other than it doesn't seem necessary for this boat because the gen 1 works just fine.

Bobs cone seems to be what most have gone with that have made the mod

Titus, the one I am looking at, no negative feedback. I would think that this would have an advantage over the bobs with it not having those external hoses to get the water from the LU up into the midsection. Seems like it would create a little drag, although I'm sure it's a negligible amount of drag.

Any other thoughts? Did I miss something?
    Last edited by BpTelli; 02-03-2017 at 05:54 PM.
    02' 2100SC-250xB-Dual 12' Talons

4. Member
    I have the Bob's on my G and when you are running wide open you don't have to worry about any drag because the hoses are out of the water. That being said I think the Titus looks better.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BpTelli View Post
    So from what I have read and gained, a coned lower may help my boat from blowout if I reached the 85 mark. Overall i would expect a negligible difference. However we are saying it is not going to hurt performance if I were to add one.

No real conclusion on the toquemaster 2 other than it doesn't seem necessary for this boat because the gen 1 works just fine.

Bobs cone seems to be what most have gone with that have made the mod

Titus, the one I am looking at, no negative feedback. I would think that this would have an advantage over the bobs with it not having those external hoses to get the water from the LU up into the midsection. Seems like it would create a little drag, although I'm sure it's a negligible amount of drag.

Any other thoughts? Did I miss something?
    Any coned torquemaster master gear case will be faster than the standard gear case if you have the power to push it through the water-they are usually faster than a sporty on most of the same set ups, unless you have big power on the go (300X, 300 XS +DBR mods and so on). What one needs to understand is that IT IS NOT A SPORTMASTER. The SPORTMASTER HAS A BIGGER SKEG which in turn allows it to be run higher in the water column, and are easily surfaced--IT PROVIDES THE BOAT WITH MORE STABILITY.

Also the torquemaster with a bobs cone and or titus work done to it still provides the same lifting features that a torquemaster has. On a coned case you still have a torquemaster just much more hydrodynamic, but almost the same qualities as torquemaster just with a much higher blow out speed.

6. Member
    JHI you hit the nail on the head.
    2001 GAMBLER 2100 W/2010 250XS

1995 GAMBLER INTIMIDATOR

7. Member
    The sportmaster will run on a Gambler....just got to have the horsepower to do the job.
    Former USAF Gunner B-52H

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12