1996 mercury efi 200

Which screw is the idle adjustment. Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please see the Forum Announcements, and be sure to provide the REQUIRED info when posting. Thanks!

Idle TIMING screw is shown in the picture- but idle SPEED is adjusted via the stop screw on the UPPER throttle plate (hidden between VST and Intake).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    My motor is a 1996 mercury efi 200 OG319871. Which screw is it in the picture I provided? My motor is idling a little to high. Any help would be appreciated!

Don't adjust any of the items in the picture or you will get things out of whack quick. What don is saying is that you adjust the idle by turning idle speed adjustment screw, it is located between the vst and the intake, looking from front of motor. It takes a long flathead screwdriver to reach it. Adjust in the water, engine warm.

If you do it on muffs, it will idle higher than in the water
    Last edited by Haughton; 02-06-2017 at 09:12 PM.
    1999 ProGator 190V
    200 Mercury EFI 0G843298

5. Member
    Also depends on how high its idling and if it started all of a sudden. I've seen idle stabilizers go bad and make the idle go up.