Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I think its great that Manufacturers have built some floatation engineering into the boats. It seems the two guys in the Triton possibly could have just remained in the boat at the bow.
    But the point made is, if it had been a BCB, it wouldn't have filled up with water to begin with. Rivets hold the rub rail on. The Cap is glassed to the hull and transom.
    I don't bash brands. There was a time I was fishing out a flat boat with nothing but a TM!!!!
    Its just a fact in Quality of BCB's!
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

3. Member
    Had another brand, a bug if you will, found out after 6 months that the top cap was secured to the bottom cap with 1.5" wood screws ha. One of the reasons I moved to a cat.

4. Banned
    I saw a Nitro sink

5. Member
    It appears over the years Nitro / Tracker has had several recalls for not meeting the requirement. http://uscgboating.org/content/recal...&button=Submit

6. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jp71291 View Post
    No, a BCB boat will not sink. None of them will if you do the Ranger trick. Here is how that works:

Here is the physics behind the cut away hulls, and why they are used with such success in lemming advertisements. Certainly impressive, isn't it? holes cut in a foam filled hull floating like nothing is wrong, right?

Forget the fact that all boats are built today with comparable floatation, let's just look at the holes.

If I took a styrafoam cooler, filled it with water it would sink down to about....here, right? Water in the cooler will hold it down to a certain level, however if I cut a hole in the bottom of the cooler, what happens? Does it sink? No, in fact it raises up, because the trapped water is now allowed to escape, and the cooler pops up to it's normal floatation level. No difference in a hull with floatation in it.

If you took that lemming wagon, left in the plug, NO HOLES, and filled it full of water, it would sink to the gunnels, because the water couldn't escape. That boys and girls is why they cut the holes.

Every current boat would do exactly the same, you can just take the plug out and see similar results. Whoop de freaking deal. But, it sure sells boats to the weak minded.
    Was at the Cinci boat show (sucks by the way), and a guy was all excited about the R boat floating "EVEN WITH HOLES CUT IN!!". I know that exact story above, but he was so excited, I just didn't have the heart to shoot him down, so I left it alone.
    It wouldn't have caused him to want a different boat, and what do I care which boat he likes anyway...Just sayin

The boat in the photobucket image BigFish1259 posted does have the drain plug in and a 2" pump was used to pump lake water into it. The first shots were unrealistic because the plug was out and only the floor was wet on free flow. Thus it was plugged and pumped full, which is why this was done at Bull Shoals Lake Boat Dock. Steve Eastwold and Rick Pierce are in the boat.

We had staff both weekends at Cincinnati.

Actually some boats on the market could sink with the drain plug pulled, not a BCB though. Outboard boats over 20' do not have to have flotation.

BCB

8. Member
    Who's in the other photo fishing? Never saw anyone wearing what looks like black dress shoes, normal pants, normal shirt, fishing. :) Was looking for a tie, in fact. :)

Ron Pierce, the founder.

Those wee days ago when ties when ties were common mid 1970's. You likely wore one too in the university environment.

11. Member
    Sorry, but no. Always been a "casual professor". :) Always wore dress-type pants and shirts that buttoned, but nada for the ties. For 46 years, in fact. :) And I think the last time I wore black shoes, either someone died or someone got married. Might have even been me in 1968. :) President at USM (who was a really good friend of mine since we shared the same tiny home town) would on infrequent occasions ask me "got any ties yet?" I'd always respond "got any spats yet?" or "they get tangled in my suspenders (which I did not wear either)." (for those that know what spats were/are.) He'd always roll his eyes, grin, and continue heading toward somewhere he had to be.

ooh... just remembered. I once went over to his office to ask him for travel money to a computer chess tournament. I wore a tie. :) When I walked into his office his secretary (Mrs Jessy as we called her) commented "wow, didn't know you owned one of those." I replied "Borrowed from my brother." When I went into his actual office, he turned around, looked, asked "I assume you are here asking for money for something or other, based on that tie?" Asked him "did this improve my chances on a 'yes'?" He said "nope". I took it off and asked and he promptly said ok anyway. :) Good days.

EDIT I HATE these danged self-correcting spell-checkers. Don't know diddly-squat about proper grammar. :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12