USA xb2003 door latches

anyone put anything different in place of the factory door latches. im thinking about swapping them out since the black is all scratched up and they are getting hard to open at times. just always enjoy different options. so what has anyone done besides call Allison.

2. Member
    Good question. I will be watching for the answer too. Sometimes they are a bear to get open, my wife always has trouble.

3. Member
    Mine are the same way on my XB2003. I was going to try the eclipse series latches http://www.eberhard.com/series/eclipse-series.
    Just haven't done it yet.

Anybody tried these?

4. Member
    My XB2003 is the same way. I was going to try the eclipse series by Eberhard. Has anyone try them?

5. Member
    The Eberhard 130 series is what comes in an xb2003 from the factory.

6. Member
    Love the hatches on the Allisons. Several buddies had on the xb2003 and TE. The open and automatically latched. No lids popping up on the run like my ol champ. I hated the chrome anchor style handle you lifted then turned. If you didn't turn it the right direction or left it up the edge of the shoe would catch on them. Those Allison latches were smart. My buddy said you need to oil them after a few years but they lasted. A long time ago I thought I saw eberhard latch in chrome but I could be mistaken.