Transducer switch

I've been working on this a while now with no success. I want a 12 pin transducer switch. Bought some Russian military switches off ebay and tried to make one but failed. Any ideas appreciated.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

2. Member
    I know you can hot-swap transducers so I dont know why that wouldnt work unless they were the wrong type of switch. Were they true 12 pole double throw?
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

3. Member
    A 12 pole double throw would have 36 pins by the way.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry3215 View Post
    I know you can hot-swap transducers so I dont know why that wouldnt work unless they were the wrong type of switch. Were they true 12 pole double throw?
    No they were not.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    Actually, you probably dont need to switch them all - maybe. Do you have schematics for both td's? If not, then I would guess you would need a true 12 pole double throw switch or a series of switches that added up to that number so you could switch every pin back and forth.

6. Member
    Well, a quick search didnt show any results for a 12 pole double throw. Digikey does have some 6 pole double throw, so you should be able to use two of those in tandem I would thiink.

http://www.digikey.com/products/en/s...=0&pageSize=25

7. Member
    The first two on that list are both ON-ON which is probably what you want. Looks like the frst one is about $19

Somewhere on that site they will also have the little gizmos to gang them together, but I cant remember what they are called.

8. Member
    You probably know this, but each of these will have three rows of 6 terminals each. You will want to use the center sets for the connection to the MFD and the outer sets for each transducer. Left side for one and right side for the other.

9. Member
    This is the kind of thing that I ran into. I don't want to use two 6PDT switches where everything doesn't switch at the same time. You are right about the 36 pins. Apparently there is some inconsistency in what 12PDT ON-ON means. I've seen several that had that designation with only 24 pins. Gotta have 36 for my purpose. Plugging and unplugging is what I am trying to get around doing. I don't know how the design on the 7610 was done, but I figure that after some number of repetitions something is going to get loose. I did find a couple, but I don't want to spend hundreds of bucks on one either.

If you can find electrical relays with the proper amount of terminals and need more than one, you can parallel the solenoids so all switch at the same time when power is supplied to the solenoids.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    This is the kind of thing that I ran into. I don't want to use two 6PDT switches where everything doesn't switch at the same time. You are right about the 36 pins. Apparently there is some inconsistency in what 12PDT ON-ON means. I've seen several that had that designation with only 24 pins. Gotta have 36 for my purpose. Plugging and unplugging is what I am trying to get around doing. I don't know how the design on the 7610 was done, but I figure that after some number of repetitions something is going to get loose. I did find a couple, but I don't want to spend hundreds of bucks on one either.
    You can mechanically gang the switches together so they both trip at the same time - or close enough. Its just a simple metal clip thing that goes over the toggles so they both flip together. You can also drill a couple of holes in something to slip over the toggles to make your own.

Other than that, I dont know what to suggest other than a series of parallel relays like Wayne suggested.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry3215 View Post
    You probably know this, but each of these will have three rows of 6 terminals each. You will want to use the center sets for the connection to the MFD and the outer sets for each transducer. Left side for one and right side for the other.
    I think I've found one just like you described but 12PDT. Its an Olympic 92-24C. Here it is on Amazon for $1,184. 55.
    https://www.amazon.com/OLYMPIC-CONTR.../dp/B011ONIQEI

I was about to give up. Then I found 2 on ebay for $39 for the pair. So we'll see how it goes.

Thanks Larry and Wayne. I had given up looking and then tried it just one more time.

Ever wonder why you always find stuff in the last place you look.
    It's because unless you're real dumb, if you found it, why would you keep looking.

13. Member
    What, you think $1100 is too much for a switch?? ;)

Keep us posted on how it goes :)

14. Member
    Must be a popular item, there is only one left in stock....better jump on that one before it's gone!