2 transducers 93sv

I'm thinking about mounting my sidescan transducer on my jackplate but would still like depth at speed. Can I run a 2d xducer and a sidescan on the 93sv? It's not a huge deal if I have to transom mount.

2. Member
    You can use an in-hull transducer and a sidescan with a Y cable, but you are limited in which transducers you can use. There is another thread running right now with the details in it.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

3. Member
    Are you talking about running 2 transducers off of the one unit? Or are you talking about 2 different depthfinders?

I'm wanting to mount the transducer from a humminbird 598 on the same mounting plate as the transducer for the 93sv. The hope is I can mount the 598 low enough for on plane readings. I want to mount the 93sv an inch or so higher to protect it. Will that work?
    2013 Pro Team 190
    2013 Mercury 115 Optimax Pro XS
    Minn Kota 70# Edge
    22p LightSpeed Prop
    Humminbird 898 at console
    Humminbird 598 at bow

Quote Originally Posted by KSPropbender View Post
    I'm thinking about mounting my sidescan transducer on my jackplate but would still like depth at speed. Can I run a 2d xducer and a sidescan on the 93sv? It's not a huge deal if I have to transom mount.
    Yes, you can run two separate xducers for 2D and ClearVu/DownVu. For the echoMAP CHIRP units, the y-cable (010-12445-33) allows you to run an inhull 2D xducer for on-plane performance (I'd recommend the GT15, but the P72 or P79 will also work), along with the GT30 on the transom for ClearVu and DownVu. The downside of this approach is that the GT52 that comes with the unit will not work with the y-cable, only the GT30 will.
    Garmin Pro Team

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy O. View Post
    Are you talking about running 2 transducers off of the one unit? Or are you talking about 2 different depthfinders?

I'm wanting to mount the transducer from a humminbird 598 on the same mounting plate as the transducer for the 93sv. The hope is I can mount the 598 low enough for on plane readings. I want to mount the 93sv an inch or so higher to protect it. Will that work?
    The only issue with that is the Humminbird TD will block the GT52 to some degree on sideview. It may or may not be bad enough to be a problem.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Yes, you can run two separate xducers for 2D and ClearVu/DownVu. For the echoMAP CHIRP units, the y-cable (010-12445-33) allows you to run an inhull 2D xducer for on-plane performance (I'd recommend the GT15, but the P72 or P79 will also work), along with the GT30 on the transom for ClearVu and DownVu. The downside of this approach is that the GT52 that comes with the unit will not work with the y-cable, only the GT30 will.
    I appreciate you dumbing this down for me. I think for now I'm just going to transom mount it and keep this option open for later.

Quote Originally Posted by KSPropbender View Post
    I appreciate you dumbing this down for me. I think for now I'm just going to transom mount it and keep this option open for later.
    I forgot to add that the new GT8-IH inhull version is also compatible with this y-cable setup. This is a pod-style xducer that comes with a foam dam to enable easier installations with epoxy.
    Garmin Pro Team