Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Best thing in/on your boat for $100 or less?

I have a $100 gift card and I'm having a heck of a time deciding what to buy. What is your most used/favorite/useful thing you keep or bring to your boat every time you fish for $100 or less?

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Buys baits or rod......thats what i do with small amounts of money.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    High quality pliers, scissors, dock lines and safety equipment (flares). Battery powered scale and good culling system are other ideas, plus a good pair of mini binoculars. I'll let you figure out what to do with those. You can get a good Navionics chip for $100 if you browse the for sale forum. Spare trolling motor prop or that vibration dampening thing. Better weigh bag and net. Etc.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

100 bucks or less? I would have to say my Paclite rain jacket. I keep it in the back seat of my truck all the time and then on the boat it's the perfect 3 season fishing jacket...add a fleece or hoodie for cooler mornings.

Here's a link. Sorry, it was under a hundred when I bought mine at BPS, but it's still a great rain parka.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/CABEL...KA/1907757.uts
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

A good pair of pliers and a proper boat anchor that can hold me in crazy river current and wind lol

6. Member
    a money pole or similar pole to get stuck baits off of the trees/rocks has save me a lot of money since i have gotten one.

7. Member
    Now there are just so many more things I want! haha

A simple little white plastic 14 inch long kitchen cabinet tray. The one right under the edge of the sink to hold sponges and scrub pads. Used double stick tape to mount it to the side of the boat right at the front of the front deck. It holds bags of soft plastics I am using and keeps them from sliding around on the front deck and getting under my feet. Resolved a big pet peeve for me and cost next to nothing.

Second would be a Boomerang Tool Snip with retractable lanyard. Thing even cuts braid well.

9. Member
    After 33 years of bass boat ownership, I broke down and purchased a telescoping boat hook. We use it all the time around the dock.
    I have used it as a pushpole in very shallow water. I have used it to free hung up baits from as well to push me off of docks I was fishing.

You can get one for less that 50 bucks. With whatever money you have left buy yourself a dry box for cell phones, keys, etc. Great insurance in heavy rains and when you are taking water over the bow on Lake Erie.
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

10. Banned
    I had My brother install a Loc-R-Bar type apparatus..

11. Banned
    having a hard time thinking of anything in my boat besides baits that was less than $100

12. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Lure retrievers. I have a telescopic pole type and the type that slides down the line. Probably $50 together. They have way more than paid for themselves. I kept track of the pole one for a while and think I was at $132 worth of lures and crappie rigs I got back with it, and that didn't count things other people lost that I pulled out of trees and snags with it.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

13. Member
    motor toter, coolfoot (TM & Hot foot), g-force handle, g-force eliminator prop nut, bounce buster, e-locks.
    Rapala touch screen scale

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chautauquanuy View Post
    After 33 years of bass boat ownership, I broke down and purchased a telescoping boat hook. We use it all the time around the dock.
    I have used it as a pushpole in very shallow water. I have used it to free hung up baits from as well to push me off of docks I was fishing.

You can get one for less that 50 bucks. With whatever money you have left buy yourself a dry box for cell phones, keys, etc. Great insurance in heavy rains and when you are taking water over the bow on Lake Erie.
    I agree on the telescoping boat hook. Best money I've ever spent on a boat accessory.

Here's another idea. I just bought a new Fulton F-2 winch from Amazon for $69. The winch I had is perfectly okay, but I wanted the crank handle on the starboard side so I can reach under and tighten the strap before I get off the boat. (I have a no wet feet policy when I'm fishing.)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Motormate if you catch a sale

It's hard to think of something under $100. This is something I use every time out.

Attached Images Attached Images

18. Member
    The lift assist on my M/K trolling motor that lets me lift it with two fingers.

19. Member
    Toilet paper and a couple of towels.

20. Member
    Good luck with that discounted winch. Thats teetering on a 17' glass boats weight.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast