Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2008 Champion 200 Elite Value?

I have a 2008 200 Elite with a 225 ProXS I am considering trading in on new Phoenix. I would buy a new Champion if they were available, so don't hate. Has anyone bought or sold one of these recently or have a general idea what its worth? I am the original owner and the boat is cosmetically 8/10. The motor has about 500 hours on it. Thanks for any information.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

I couldn't give you a value but NADA is what the dealerships all use. Used to work for a car dealership that took boats on trade pretty commonly.

Sell it private party, I'm sure there's someone near you that will just have to have it at any price!

4. Member
    There are new champions available at Charger boats . They have built the 210

5. Banned

Last edited by Snickers89; 02-06-2017 at 02:58 PM.

6. Banned
    Just a approx guess $21k-$28k

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Just a approx guess $21k-$28k
    That was my guess for retail value, but I really don't have anything to base that on other than a guess. Selling it locally isn't a very good option because Champion boats have never been popular in my area. If it doesn't say ranger or skeeter on the side of it, nobody thinks its worth much.
    Steve Sendelweck

8. Member
    Paid $ 22,000 for mine in 2014 with 275 hours and a single axle trailer.

I like the new Phoenix, which model are you interested in?
    1998 202 DC / Mercury 300R

Quote Originally Posted by 95202DCX View Post
    I like the new Phoenix, which model are you interested in?
    Unfortunately it is going to come down to money. That's why I'm trying to get an idea what I can get for my trade before I go to a dealer and get serious. I would like a 920, but I will look seriously at the 2017 721. The wide deck on my 200 Champion has spoiled me, so I don't know if I can go with anything narrower.
    Steve Sendelweck

11. Banned
    If you are on facebook join the champion boat owners page and list it, they sell FAST! People will come for it if it's in good shape.

12. Member
    Just bought the exact boat last October. 2008 Champion 200 Elite, 2008 Mercury 225 Optimax ProXS, Dual 12 FT. Talons, Huminbird 999 front and console, 260 hrs on Outboard. Tandem Trailer. Boat and trailer probably 9.5 out of 10 $30K

13. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    ss...as said above, it is possible that you might like the 210 Elite Charger which is made from the Champion 210. If I were in the market, it would be under strong consideration....especially if Charger does go ahead with the 198!

I love my 198....IMHO you cannot find a better fishing platform....unless all you care about is speed. I feel 71 is more than fast enuf...

Hope you will stay with the family!

Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    ss...as said above, it is possible that you might like the 210 Elite Charger which is made from the Champion 210. If I were in the market, it would be under strong consideration....especially if Charger does go ahead with the 198!

I love my 198....IMHO you cannot find a better fishing platform....unless all you care about is speed. I feel 71 is more than fast enuf...

Hope you will stay with the family!
    I understand that the Chargers are being made from the old Champion molds, but I really don't know anything else about Charger. The way I see it, there is more to making a Champion than just using the same hull. I have owned 4 Champions, and I never had an issue with the carpet, seats, wiring, plumbing, or any other aspect of the boat. I don't know if the same could be said about any other boat company. Charger may make a fine boat, but I have done a lot of research, and I think Phoenix will probably be my next boat. I know several people who have them and are very happy, and I have a couple of dealers near me that have good reputations. My biggest problem is I haven't had to make a boat payment in many years, and it makes me sick to my stomach when I think about doing it again. Gotta pay to play I guess.
    Steve Sendelweck

15. Banned
    The fella I bought my 198 from bought a bird 921, he said it rode as good as the champion and was quite a bit faster. (Now anybody that's read my saga post, knows I own the slowest champ ever made, so his claim may not mean much).

Then there is another fella I know that bought a bird (I don't know the model of it). He said they were fast, but when it was rough he got wet. Very wet.

I'd like to see one in person, but nobody close to me owns one. I pray someday boats become affordable again and I can get me a new Char-ampion 198, I will keep that sucker until I die. It will be a 1 owner with a known history for the rest of my life.

16. Member
    $24k to $28k depending on conditions and options. I wouldn't let loose of my 2007 200 for less than $30k but I just repowered with a new motor. I couldn't justify spending $60k on a new boat. I spent $8k after I sold my motor and now have a new motor with warranty and my still great Champion.

17. Member
    If your boat has outdated or marginal electronics, no travel cover or power poles then it might be hard to get 25 out of it. If it has some of those options and is in good shape of course that will help. It might be worth your time to drive down to the Charger factory and see for yourself. You might be surprised. As said above the 210 Charger Elite is being produced and plans to introduce a 198 model very soon I think. In addition to that Charger also has at least 2 other bass models to consider, a 797 and a 597 I think. When doing the numbers you might find you like one of them better than a Phoenix.

In 13 I gave 30 for my 08 210 with an 08 300XS , outdated electronics, no power poles or travel cover. I was in Florida and went to Milwaukee to buy the boat. Priced right your champ will sell. Part of the fun of owning a boat is the shopping and comparing. Take your time and enjoy it and don't rush it if you have time.

I had a Charger bass boat many years ago and it was a fine rig. Charger has been in business many years and has rode through many downturns over the years. Check em out.
    GETFISHED !!!

Read up on charger, you will notice they are still a smaller outfit which can have have attention to detail, that operates in a no frills shop I have heard they own and its paid for (low overhead). In my opinion they have been around for a very long time, operating on their own money and making it through manyyears against tough competition on a small "brand" name ... To me that says a lot! I mean think about how many other companies that are small not big corporations that can say that!? I do not own a charger never even been in one... But I am considering a 210 with 300 and thinking very hard about it!

19. Member
    Seen an ad pop up on Facebook feed the other day with one of the new charger 210's good looking boat but with a price tag of 62k.

20. Member
    I've heard nothing but great things about Phoenix boats. But, I would definitely go with the new Charger 210! No question about it!! Good luck in whatever you decide!! Both would do the job and do it well.
    Champion 206
    250XB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast