4th of July Came Early in the Boat!! Any Damage Done?

Clearly not my swiftest move today! While doing some rewiring, I managed to drop a wrench into the TM battery compartment (24V w/ batteries hooked in series) that landed smack dab across the + of battery 1 and - of battery 2 (TM supplies). Made a sparkler look like child's play! Any chance of battery damage from this? Also melted about a 3/16th inch deep trench on the side of each battery post! Fortunately, I utilize the studs for connections. The posts are solid lead, correct? That just about wraps up the boat work for today!

2. Member
    You need rubber wrenches, they will keep you out of trouble. I doubt the batterys were damaged electrically, batteries are called upon for tremendous amp loads when used for starting. The arc may have been spectacular, but since the energy was an arc versus a short that would have turned the wrench red,white, and then gone, I doubt they were hurt.
    Lotta amps down there, eh?

I had spare trolling batteries in the back of my van once. I was driving down the road and heard a electrical arcing sound and smelled smoke. I pulled over and I can't remember exactly what it was but something metal had fell rolled off the bed and landed directly across the posts. By the time I got pulled over and got back there, it had my draping burnt all the way up to the mattress. I used the battery later and it worked just fine, so it's probably ok.
    /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.htc.sense.browser/files/TMP

4. Member
    Thanks for the thoughts, guys. They read fine...I'll be on the water for 5 days starting Sunday so we'll give 'em a whirl!

Bill - There most certainly are!

Charlie - Long time no talk...hope all is well down KY way!

[QUOTE=Dave in Mpls;8429073]Thanks for the thoughts, guys. They read fine...I'll be on the water for 5 days starting Sunday so we'll give 'em a whirl!

Bill

Yep all good here except my job thinks it's more important for me to work 6 days a week than going fishing!

Charlie
    /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.htc.sense.browser/files/TMP