Duracell marine batteries

I'm needing a new deep cycle battery for my troller on my tin rig. Anyone try the Duracell deep cycles? I don't want to spend a bunch of cash on high-end batteries to put in this boat since i don't use it as much as I use my bass boat. I considered just swiping the battery from my bass rig when I go in my tin, but I can see how that would quickly get old.

2. Member
    They're great. They're made by the same company that used to make Deka batteries. They're all I've used in my boats, and I highly recommend and AGM Group 31 for cranking if you ever look to change that as well.

2022 21PHX

Previous boats:
    2017 Phoenix 721 ProXP
    2000 Triton TR186

3. Banned
    No issues with mine when I had em

4. Member
    Those flooded deep cycle Duracells are made by East Penn/Deka and are good batteries. Deka rebadges them for several retailers, including Sam's Club, Batteries Plus, and O'Reillys to name a few. I have them in my rig, rebadged for NAPA Canada.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

5. Banned
    Mine were agm

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tmoney View Post
    They're great. They're made by the same company that used to make Deka batteries. They're all I've used in my boats, and I highly recommend and AGM Group 31 for cranking if you ever look to change that as well.

Not past tense. Deka is a brand name for east penn manufacturing. Anything east penn makes are great batteries.

7. Banned
    I bought Duracells from Sams Club abd they were in my Ranger when I sold it. I am buying two for my camper this spring.

8. Member
    Great. Thanks for the replies, fellas. Looks like I'm running Duracells...heading to Batteries+ tomorrow to pick one up. I appreciate the help.

9. Member
    Order it online and pick up in the store for a 10% savings.

10. Member
    Wow, didn't know about that. Thanks for the tip.

you can get Duracell at Sam's Club in Houma, La., usually lower price than Batteries +

Get them @ SAMs club also

13. Member
    Is the trolling motor battery different then cranking? Need a new cranking one also can a reg. charger work on a AGM?

14. Member
    Some regular chargers work on AGM. Check out your chargers specs, maybe their website? I ran the Duracell wet cells group 29 in my last boat for years...great battery. I'm sure I'll run those or NAPA Gold in my new one once the Interstates are gone. Both the NAPA and Duracacell are East Penn or rebadged Deka.

15. Banned
    I charged my Duracells with a duel 10 amp charger on my old Ranger. It was a duel pro charger. It worked just fine.