Elite 7 TI, Navionics+ and Insight Genesis.

Hi great site, with a lot of useful information.
    My question is, can Insight Genesis chart files be stored on and read from a Navionics+ card? My IG charts work fine when it's on it's own card, but if I transfer to the Navionics+ card the Elite 7 TI doesn't see it in menu/chart options under Lowrance or Navionics, but they show up in files/memory card. Is it something that needs to be changed in the main settings, or won't Navionics let anyone else play in their area?

Quote Originally Posted by strayuk View Post
    Hi great site, with a lot of useful information.
    My question is, can Insight Genesis chart files be stored on and read from a Navionics+ card? My IG chart fine when it's on it's own card, but if I transfer to the Navionics+ card the Elite 7 TI doesn't see it in menu/chart options under Lowrance or Navionics, but they show up in files/memory card. Is it something that needs to be changed in the main settings, or won't Navionics let anyone else play in their area?
    This is an interesting question and I will be following this thread as the experts weigh in. The only advice I have is look at the file extensions. If they are different then obviously the format is different which begs the question : "Can a program like GPSBabel translate the formats"?

Southern By Latitude - Gentleman By Attitude

4. Member
    This is not a good idea.
    By using your Navionics-card for other files then Navionics, you may end up with a locked card and no guarantee. So be very careful when using your Navionics-card for anything but Navionics-stuff.
    Your unit can read and use several map-formats (the format is given by the files last name, like .at5), but it can not use files of a different nature at the same time from one card. On HDS units with double cardreaders you can have one IG-card and one Navionics-card in the unit at the same time, and look at the maps in splittscreen. But your Elite has only one cardreader so you can not use such a function.

5. Member
    Thanks for the quick replies, it's as I feared. It looks like I'll have to use one or the other when out, carrying 2 msd cards in a small boat is a disaster waiting to happen for me.

6. Member
    What you need is another unit. ;) Look for units like HDS Gen 2 7m Touch. M means it is a pure plotter.

7. Member
    My boat's not big enough for two plotters, it's a small RIB. The TI 7 shares the front bench seat with the cabin boy (he's 73), I call him Ballast because he keeps the front of the boat down.

Might have to take an Ipad or Tablet out with the Navionics App on it. Is there a Dummies guide for what equipment and software I need for setting up Sonar charts live?

8. Member
    Probably, but it is so simple you hardly need a guide. Make sure your tablet is connected to the Elites Wifi, open the app and tap the Sonarcharts-button. In a few seconds it will ask you if you are inland or coastal and you are good to go.

Oh, and it is free. You don`t have to even purchase a map for it to work.

9. Member
    Strayuk - check out this link. Goes over everything you need to know about SonarChart Live. Including video.

happy mapping!

http://www.navionics.com/en/sonarchart-live

10. Member
    Hi, I've looked at that Link before, so I just need Gofree, which I've got, and the free Navionics boating app on my IPad to use Sonarchart live. Then just link up through the Elite's WiFi. Do I have to be running Navionics+ on the TI 7.

11. Member
    No, this feature has nothing to do with what chart you run in your Elite.

12. Member
    This is what it looks like on my IPhone with just the free app, no charts purchased:

Attached Images Attached Images

13. Member
    I couldnt get auto chart to work with my elite ti and tablet.

14. Member
    Update the software in the Elite, save waypoints to a memorycard and do a hard reset. The first SW-version on the Elites did not support NMEA-data in the WIFI-feed.

15. Member
    Thanks, got it now.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    Update the software in the Elite, save waypoints to a memorycard and do a hard reset. The first SW-version on the Elites did not support NMEA-data in the WIFI-feed.
    software was updated when the update was released.