Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by esdbass View Post
    It's also a lot like "ground hog day" here in many ways. Guys like Paul and Kurt and a few other guys from back in the early to mid 2000's might have similar feelings ? Paul, FB I'm not sure is a good alternative in certain ways but who knows that just my thoughts maybe I should look more on FB regarding Stroker issues ?
    On FB there's a page dedicated to Strokers and then there is the Allison, Bullet, and Stroker page. There's also smoke on the water that you can be added to.

Quote Originally Posted by StrokerSmoker View Post
    There are some that don't come to this site much any more......I have been around here since 2000-2001 bought my first stroker from this site in 2000 I believe it was free to list your boat then.... times have changed and so have the forums......I think these sites and many others like it like fastbass are slowly fading away.....pretty soon all that's left are a few potential customers/posters and the sponsors....most have moved on to face book I am told.... trying hold out but fear it wont be long as banninq has become the norm... whos next?...lol
    Well Paul, I'll just clear up some things for you. First of all, I never listed boats for free...not sure why I'd sit here listing boats manually and providing "hands on" listings where someone just has to email me to make any additions/changes to their ad and doing it for free. I get the impression that you may think I'm only in it for the money when in actual fact our advertising rates haven't changed at all since we started having advertisers over 11 years ago even though we're obviously much larger and have far more traffic these days than we did 11 years ago.

I'm not sure about other sites, but BBC continues to expand. I had checked Google Analytics a couple of weeks ago and we were running at 9.5 million pageviews per month; just checked a few minutes ago and we're running at over 10 million pageviews per month.
    We get well over 600 new members each and every month, I just checked and we've had 354 new members so far this month so I expect we'll be over 700 for January.

As far as banning, I'm the only one that can ban someone (Moderators can't), and as I've said many times over the years, it normally takes quite a bit to be banned and in many cases they will email me and I've given them a second chance.....most times it works out fine, sometimes it doesn't. My point is that there's no more members banned these days than there ever has been.

As far as the "traffic" on the Stroker forum; it's not like Chub is building a ton of Strokers, pretty hard to keep the traffic on this forum the same as it may have been in the past.

I've have two recent offers to sell BBC for a LOT of money; I really don't think I'd be getting these offers if we were "fading away". I think you'd be quite surprised at the amount of the offers.

Finally, I'm not quite sure what your problem with BBC is but it's very obvious to me that you've had this problem for quite some time.....no one's forcing you to stay here Paul if you think it's all that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwicked Basser View Post
    On FB there's a page dedicated to Strokers and then there is the Allison, Bullet, and Stroker page. There's also smoke on the water that you can be added to.
    I'm on The Ally, Bullet, Stroker page and the Smoke page but I think the former owner of the Stroker page and I didn't have the best relationship so I wasn't interested. BBC Stroker board has a certain focus that FB doesn't seem to have. Closed boards on FB can skew peer review IMO

I'm open to any ideas that you guys might have as to what you think may be missing from the Stroker forum or the BBC Boards in general.

5. Member
    As a 20 year old, I'm pretty in tune with the social media world. I think it has it's perks and drawbacks. It is a lot easier to see a lot of information in a short period of time and to makes posts with a variety of content (pics, vids, websites, text, apps, whatever). You also can close forums to people who have been confirmed, which is nice. For me, trying to find an old thread in facebook is very annoying because posts are pretty much meant to be seen and then disappear. Facebook's algorithms on how information appears is also frustrating when it shows threads in non chronological order and often will only show you "popular" threads if their is enough activity. I suppose screen names here also help people who want to be private here if that is their prerogative as well. I like getting on here so I can look at boat stuff not intertwined with cat memes. I will say on some of the public groups on FB I see a lot more issues with sales going bad then I ever have on here, s&f, etc.

6. Member
    Granted you have privacy behind a screen name but often times it brings out the keyboard commandos. On the Facebook groups there seems to be less bs because your name is right there often times with a picture of your face.

7. Member
    I for one hate when a topic turns for the worse.. Just makes me cringe

i love reading posts like Brents and elis miss hap or someone building something. something that gets the mind turning.

also at any rally iv been to or river run iv ran at everyone is all smiles and chatting up the storm. i for one wish the forums were more like that.

Quote Originally Posted by zzzmastermind View Post
    I for one hate when a topic turns for the worse.. Just makes me cringe

i love reading posts like Brents and elis miss hap or someone building something. something that gets the mind turning.

also at any rally iv been to or river run iv ran at everyone is all smiles and chatting up the storm. i for one wish the forums were more like that.
    Well no reason why they can't be......and with 42 posts since April 2012 you've not done a lot of chatting.

9. Banned
    Al I'm proof your open minded, if you weren't, I wouldn't b posting .

11. RIP -April 30,2023
    free fried chicken for everyone. lol, that will do the trick! BBC is a great place. ive met some really good folks on here that i would have never known otherwise. this is a great place to hang out whether your trying to get some info, buy, sell or trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    I'm open to any ideas that you guys might have as to what you think may be missing from the Stroker forum or the BBC Boards in general.

12. Member
    Only thing I would change, and it would be for all BBC, is similar requirements as selling a prop. Name and location should be required. Not showing location for me raises suspicion. Honest people have nothing to hide, whether we get along or not.

13. Banned
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^1+^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by John Jackson View Post
    Only thing I would change, and it would be for all BBC, is similar requirements as selling a prop. Name and location should be required. Not showing location for me raises suspicion. Honest people have nothing to hide, whether we get along or not.
    I would definitely like to see that but I don't think we can really require it. Some put their full name/location and a bio of themselves in their profile, many others don't put much.

15. Member
    If it wasn't for BBC I would have never met Kurt and bought my first and second Stroker. I have been around since 2007 and used to post a lot more than I do now, that's probably because more boats were being made and more people were interested in the Stroker Brand (both run hand in hand). I've learned a lot over the years and appreciate all that have helped me. I'm one that put all in my profile except a phone #, if anyone wants that just pm me so we can talk in person. A lot already have it. I have nothing to hide. I enjoy reading the Allison, Bullet, Stroker, Merc 3 lt and Props for sale forums. All offer good information. Been to a few rallies and met a lot of good people, seems the lemons don't participate. Would like to do more but they are just to far away. There's only one thing I don't like and that's NOT BBC's fault, there is no one with a performance bass boat that lives in the clouds and wants to go fast so information is very limited. Thanks Al for a great form of information.

16. Member
    IMO Facebook has changed the "forum world". BBC is a niche as it deals with all popular brands and it survives because of its size....Smaller forums are dying.
    I read nearly everyday but my focus is on saltwater fishing it really takes most of my time. I highly doubt im ever getting another high performance bass boat.....Having way too much fun in the salt water....Very economical to fish and its in my back yard......Im here to see whats new and stay in touch with friends i have known for a very long time!
    Jason

Things have been crazy on my end More so than ever before...With that said I always return to my regular habits

18. Member
    Without the Stroker board and assistance from the Stroker owners, I would be in a Bullet. I live in the state the Stroker was born, yet the only time I see another on the water is at rally's. I've been a nuisance to some and run a bit on the hard headed side, but without this board and more importantly, the folks on it, I would be not be enjoying the boat to the extent I am. All have voluntarily gone above and beyond to help any way possible. Feel blessed to have met so many fine folks.

Quote Originally Posted by walnutshoe View Post
    Without the Stroker board and assistance from the Stroker owners, I would be in a Bullet. I live in the state the Stroker was born, yet the only time I see another on the water is at rally's. I've been a nuisance to some and run a bit on the hard headed side, but without this board and more importantly, the folks on it, I would be not be enjoying the boat to the extent I am. All have voluntarily gone above and beyond to help any way possible. Feel blessed to have met so many fine folks.
    Will you be joining us at Smoke On The Water in May?

20. Member
    Have the Smoke Rally penciled in. Won't be able to commit until a little closer to May.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast