Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Javelin 409 Restore

Here is the link to the thread I started on this project. Too many pics to repost here. Put in new floor, transom, front deck basically all the old wood had to be replaced. check it out if Your interested. It is long and still ongoing but I had the boat out on a couple of occasions now and am pleased so far. Don't laugh at my motor. You'll see it and I know what You'll say but it is all I have to go with right now and blew all my money saved for the restore. My old boat Stratos 264 went rotten and caught me at a bad time with a daughter in a 4 year university. Funds not available for a new boat so I gutted and built me a boat. Motor will come later but I'll soon be back to crappie fishing in a much better platform.CF

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/virgi...985-lost-mind/

Wow !! I looked at every page. Lots of work there. I loved the ol 389, 400 and 409 bulls !!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    Wow !! I looked at every page. Lots of work there. I loved the ol 389, 400 and 409 bulls !!
    Thanks man! So far I am really liking this hull. Can't wait to see what some real ponies will do on the back side of her.

Nice work Crappiefarmer!! My hats off to ya for having the brains/balls to tackle that kind of project.
    1999 Stratos 273 DC
    1999 Johnson 115
    2021 Ram Limited

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Indianabasser View Post
    Nice work Crappiefarmer!! My hats off to ya for having the brains/balls to tackle that kind of project.
    I don't know if it was that or lack of sanity! lol!

6. Member
    I have a 1996 409T DC and it is in showroom condition, it is a very good riding boat, everyone that has ever rode in , braggs on it , it handles rough water as good as any expensive boat out there, so far I have never seen another 409 like mine , they were pretty rare .. lots of 389 and 400s out there, good luck with yours
    1996 Javelin 409T DC /225 Johnson Venom

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darryl1966 View Post
    I have a 1996 409T DC and it is in showroom condition, it is a very good riding boat, everyone that has ever rode in , braggs on it , it handles rough water as good as any expensive boat out there, so far I have never seen another 409 like mine , they were pretty rare .. lots of 389 and 400s out there, good luck with yours
    Never heard of a T DC. Do You know what the difference is between Yours and a regular DC? I have no other identifiers on the boat other than the 409 sticker and on the inspection plate the same thing but it is a DC. Got any pics? I would love to see a 409 in top shape.

8. Member
    I had a 1996 Javelin 379T and from what I was told back then it is accessories. Mine had 2,4,6 minute livewell timers switches at both front and drivers console, auto bilge and just cosmetics is the only differences I think. The T was supposedly Tournament ready edition. When I ordered my Renegade 20 DC I added auto bilge, laser cutouts on trailer, diamond plate on trailer, swing away tongue. I was shocked how many boats did not come with auto bilge on them standard.

Very nice restoration by the way!!!!

9. Member
    I think the 409T was the tournament package , mine has the 2-4-6 minute livewell timer , it has the livewell pumps and areator pumps , maybe a few more extras, just kinda think that it may be .
    1996 Javelin 409T DC /225 Johnson Venom