Thread: Link and IPhone

Link and IPhone

Can't get my Link remote to pair with my IPhone. Any secrets?

I may not understand your question but I pair my android phone with my I-link on the trolling motor not my remote.

3. Member
    That may be the problem. Instructions said pair to the remote.

5. Member
    Those instructions got me also. Just start your Bluetooth search on the iPhone, then press and hold the "Pair" button on top of the head of the trolling motor. When the Link shows up on your phone, click it and it will pair right away.
    2015 Ranger Z118C w/150 Mercury 4s

6. Member
    Thanks, all. I'll try again.

7. Member
    I'm curious why one would link to iPhone when the remote works fine and is cheaper if tossed/lost overboard?

Am I missing something?

8. Member
    Some folks just can't breathe without a phone....LOL

It is required to update the TM controller software on 2017 models. The 2017 or later IPILOT models can only be updated with the mobile App. The IPILOT/LINK models can be updated with the Humminbird FFs or mobile App.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

9. Member
    If your IPhone can serve as a backup remote, why wouldn't you take advantage of that. I might forget to charge my remote.

10. Member
    I just got the new Ulterra and I didn't know this was a feature. Is there an app to download?

11. Member
    Yes... go to app store and search for i-pilot, or minn kota i-pilot and that should find it for you. I have the non-link ultrex and I connected my phone to it yesterday, opened the app and it said a new update for the control head and the controller was available. Selected "ok", then touched the 3 little menu bars in the top left corner of my phone (android), then selected updates. It then told me the software version I had on my motor and the software version I had on my i-pilot controller, and what the new software version numbers were for each. Then I selected download. Took about 1 minute or less. When it finished the motor was updated and the new i-pilot controller software was ready to install on the controller. I found in the controller menu where to select updates, and it installed it. It finished and told me the new software numbers for the controller and motor control head. That may sound kinda complicated the way I described it, but it was pretty easy. The short description of the update was not very informative, just said something about bug fixes, and improvements.

Joe
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

12. Member
    I didn't know that. just did the updates myself.

13. Member
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI