Question Need input on models

Did some looking and pricing and the Jaguar is out of my price range so I'm wondering about the Eyra any taller guys say 6"5 285 lbs running one of these that can tell me if you have enough leg room with a hot foot to drive comfortable and with a 250 SHO how does it perform? I'm thinking this model may have more room, I would love the Lynx but nothing available to refer to deck, storage, roominess any input would be great, I've been asking a lot of questions here as I don't want to regret moving from my current brand thanks.

2. Member
    I do not think their is any information on the Lynx yet, except to say it will be 20'8" and a wide body and deck boat. I think they said it will be at the Classic in Houston for its first showing.

3. Member
    There wont be much info on the Lynx until its debut at the classic.
    The Eyra would perform excellent with the SHO. As far as leg room for a 6'5" person....not sure. It is different from the other boat models as you sit lower in the boat. More of a cockpit type seating. I'm sure someone will come along that has more height than myself. At 5'8"I will wont be help at all!! Had my hotfoot pulled way aft so I could reach it!!
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

4. Member
    Looks like you have a dealership near by. I would suggest going there and climbing around in a couple of models.
    Boatmasters, Inc.
    Mercury/Evinrude
    5162 Preston Ave. Livermore, CA 94551
    Phone: 925-443-5775

5. Member
    They only have a Cougar, Caracal, Pantera classic, and Margay, no Eyra that's who I'm looking at dealing with but can only order with mercury I needed a yamaha sho on my boat, so I'm looking now at just selling outright and going out of state and trailer back, seems nobody sells yamaha out here I'm really getting tired fast.

6. Member
    I feel that you would be somewhat cramped behind the wheel of the Eyra. Not to say you wouldn't be o.k. with it but it is definitely tighter than the Puma/Cougar cockpit. I love my Eyra but wouldn't want you to be unhappy with your purchase. I'm 6'1" and weigh around 200. I have long legs and I'm not cramped but another 4" and 50 lbs would make me think. I would advise making sure you get to sit in one before you decide.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

I'm 6'1" and 220 with no issues but as others have stated I'd suggest sitting in an Eyra or better get driving one before deciding.

8. Member
    Thank you all for your replies and advice

9. Member
    Do you want a motor that no one will service?

10. Member
    I want a motor I can use in California 4 years from now when they regulate 2 strokes, it's coming soon enough.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dtibbals View Post
    Do you want a motor that no one will service?

I'm confused at this statement. We are talking about a Yamaha.... Not a Tohatsu

12. Member
    I've not sat in an Eyra since they first came out. I understand Cat changed the seat height. Back then at 6'0" and 275 I didn't have near the room I did in my Cougar in the cockpit.