donnybassfishing..com

Stroker guys have to know?

I have a atlas 10" Hydrolics jackplate. Can I just add 2" spacers to it? Reason I ask is because the way atlas does there's is they have a 6" and add 4" spacers to make it a 10" if you order a 10". So on mine I would have a 6" then a 4" and a 2". That seem safe?

2. Member
    I have ran 2 jack plate with a set of spacers in the past. All bolts were 9/16" grade 8. It adds another set of bolts that require maintenance as well as when I added my 2.5" spacers the motor would not rise high enough until I pulled them and milled the holes and slots allowing me to raise the spacers to accommodate 3.5" above pad engine height. I ran them for a while and have pulled them off. I had no issues with the extra bolts. My previous Stroker came with a 12" detwiller which consisted of the hydro plate and 4" spacers attached to it, I also added the 2.5" spacers and tried it. Again I had no issues. Most will tell you that the extra bolts are dangerous but thats not what I experienced. What your thinking of doing would still only give you 12" set back. I eventually took all the spacers of the 07 Stroker and used the hyd plate with a 10 Hydrodynamics static plate with 5" rise built into it. How do you like the Atlas plate? Do they offer more set back? Will the plate take the extra set back with out having issues?

3. Member
    I'm sure that will be ok and safe, how fast are you running and at what at engine height? If you want 12 inches, it probably makes more sense to take off the 4 inch plate and change that to a 6 inch plate, giving you the 12 inches you're looking for.
    Mr StrokerDee :thumb

4. Member
    I think the safety issue is when using long bolts for a solid 2" spacer. This does add stress to the bolts, where the bolts are clamping the spacer between the motor and plate. There is no issue when the spacer is bolted to the plate and the motor to the spacer. Better to use a 4" or 6" plate and a 2" extender with long bolts. Hard to explain in words, but not near as strong. And while many have had no issues, you only need an issue once to get hurt or lose your life.

5. Member
    My 2.5" spacers were 1/2" alum channel with the holes drilled offset for access. It is tight but I managed. I believe they are CMC spacers.

6. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida
    Donnie you trying to make that Phoenix run faster?? Lol

7. donnybassfishing..com
    Quote Originally Posted by spider1 View Post
    Donnie you trying to make that Phoenix run faster?? Lol
    lol just a little bit. I hear some guys are going from a 10" to a 12" and gaining 1-2mph. If that happens I will be in the 80's With duel poles, 36v troller etc ��

8. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida
    Dam didn't know they were tat fast

9. Member
    you running the 921 ?? you got it rolling for sure my buddies is running around 76 or 78 .

10. donnybassfishing..com
    920. I saw 79 by myself a few times. I have several videos of me running 78plus. 2 guys loaded I have saw 77 plus a couple times

Quote Originally Posted by fishin fever View Post
    I have a atlas 10" Hydrolics jackplate. Can I just add 2" spacers to it? Reason I ask is because the way atlas does there's is they have a 6" and add 4" spacers to make it a 10" if you order a 10". So on mine I would have a 6" then a 4" and a 2". That seem safe?
    And how long have you and I spoke about going to 12" ????

BTW guys I've ridden in Donny's 920 and it really does run VERY well, not Stroker speeds but it's a true Elite level tournament boat and Donny if some of you don't know is one of the top S Florida anglers. He would have a great shot at becoming a very successful full time touring pro if he choose that path.

12. donnybassfishing..com
    Quote Originally Posted by esdbass View Post
    And how long have you and I spoke about going to 12" ????

BTW guys I've ridden in Donny's 920 and it really does run VERY well, not Stroker speeds but it's a true Elite level tournament boat and Donny if some of you don't know is one of the top S Florida anglers. He would have a great shot at becoming a very successful full time touring pro if he choose that path.
    . lol I know I know. Lol. I'm thinking abut doing it. I have a set of 2" spacers but not sure it would be safe to add to the atlas 10".

13. Member
    I would do it just to try it but would not leave it permanent. The Atlas and Bobs both have a lot of Flex putting in more strain on it could be a problem long term.
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by nightbasser View Post
    I would do it just to try it but would not leave it permanent. The Atlas and Bobs both have a lot of Flex putting in more strain on it could be a problem long term.
    The Bob's heavy duty/extreme series have absolutely no flex that I have seen in Brent's on his LCB and he has run it probably 2 to 3 years with zero issues. I am not a fan of the Atlas like many.