Recessed Motor drain question

Hello all,
    I am currently putting a recessed trolling motor tray in my boat. A Nitro Savage 912 but I am having a hard time trying to find a place to route the drain tube. I can't find a place that will allow me to drain the water from the tray into the appropriate area. It looks all sealed up front. I have the rod storage on my left and storage on both center annd right deck. No area that would stretch from front to back. Any ideas?

It normally just drains to the hull. Water should stay in the keel of the boat.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

I'm not familiar with that model but how do the trolling battery wires come forward? If there not like my z 8 but like most other boats I know there should be a conduit that comes up the keel, if it's low enough to drain in the bilge that would work, but I know my z8 has a drain in the cavity below the pedal, if it didn't that whole area infront of the center box would be full.

Take a pic to show us what you are seeing. This will also be helpful for others in the future. If you see the keel below where the drain hole will set, you shouldn't need a hose at all.... But just to make sure, lets see a few pics.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

5. Member

Pictures

Here it is guys. I thought there was a drain in the trench but it's epoxied in. No drain to keel. I'm thinking I'll have to attach a long tube and place it between the carpet and the wood and hope it drains to the keel
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vangg View Post
    Here it is guys. I thought there was a drain in the trench but it's epoxied in. No drain to keel. I'm thinking I'll have to attach a long tube and place it between the carpet and the wood and hope it drains to the keel
    I thought the same thing on my 884 but there are holes that drain to the back on the 884. I would think the same on the 912.
    2001 Champion 206, Yamaha 250 V-Max hpdi
    1997 Nitro Savage 884, Mercury150 XR6, 8" Slidemaster Jack Plate

It has to drain. One way to know for sure.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

8. Member
    unfortunately guys, there is no straight shot to the keel. it will have to drain through my storage. :(