forward center storage box

What are your thoughts on the storage system in the center forward box? The tray that has the center dry storage compartment and that holds 4 3700's on each side. Has anybody removed that tray?

LUND 1875 Pro Guide 👊🏻✊🏻

2. Member
    I still have mine in but I'm not really a fan of it. Kind of a pain to get the boxes in and out. If I ever get in there messing around with my tackle again I might take it out and see how that works

I took it out and immediately put it back in. I just wanted to see what it looked like. I could build some to organize planos but I like that tray. Easy to get my boxes on amd out amd of you tighten the straps boxes will stay in there easily. I've been on ky this fall when it was pretty nasty and didn't have a single one come out of its spot.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

Quote Originally Posted by vausoner View Post
    I took it out and immediately put it back in. I just wanted to see what it looked like. I could build some to organize planos but I like that tray. Easy to get my boxes on amd out amd of you tighten the straps boxes will stay in there easily. I've been on ky this fall when it was pretty nasty and didn't have a single one come out of its spot.
    how do you organize that compartment? any photos? Do you just do 4 on each side?

LUND 1875 Pro Guide 👊🏻✊🏻

I only have the one large storage compartment. That's why I like the one large compartment. If I had two I may take it out and just have some containers up there with other misc stuff. With my one large compartment I do t have anything in the way of them to pull them out like you all may. But yes 4 3700 on each side.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

Pulling them out isn't really a problem for me, I just want to fit more in that space.

LUND 1875 Pro Guide 👊🏻✊🏻

7. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I did the same, took it out looked at redesigning , with out it you can get 10 or 11 3700s in and lots of stuff way up in there, I decided it would be to easy to add lots of extra weight so I put it back, if it was a 920 I would take it out, but like Jason said on the 919 we have easy access to it. if fact that was one of my deciding factors on buying a 919 over the 920 I just wanted the big lid.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

I left that tray thingy in there.
    I use that space for things I don't regularly go to. Like bulk plastic. And keep it all in plastic shoe boxes. I can put at least 6 of those in there. Maybe 8. But more often I only put 2-4 in order to save on weight. That tray kinda holds them in place.

One trick I came upon, maybe even thought of it myself. I drill a tiny hole thru a corner of the plastic shoe boxes and feed a tie wrap thru. Then I never need to worry about the lid flying away.
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

9. Member
    I store rain suits, life jackets, and other clothing in it to keep bow weight down

10. Member
    I more less use it as a day box for what Im using that day.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

11. <B>BBC SPONSOR</B>
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    I store rain suits, life jackets, and other clothing in it to keep bow weight down

I took mine out right away. I have rain gear and other weather related items in there. I always keep that stuff in the front box of any boat Ive had.

I will keep a small tupperware box in there as sort of a day box and throw bags of plastics in I am currently using if the bite is going that way. Although, I tend to just put a bag in my pocket so I dont have to even get in a box.

xranger77. I keep "day bag" type stuff in one of the bigger little compartment by the cooler. And on a clip under the main compartment. OR in my pocket. It seams like such a waste of time when your jig trailer is ripped and you need to step down, open a big compartment, dig a round, to replace. But I see a lot of guys on Bassmasters doing exactly that. Ya think it's to slow down and refocus or something?
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

i left the tray but i did take out all the little dividing sticks out of the center was able to get 2 more boxes in that way
    2017 Phoenix 919 Pro-XP 225 Mercury Pro-XS

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixDrew View Post
    xranger77. I keep "day bag" type stuff in one of the bigger little compartment by the cooler. And on a clip under the main compartment. OR in my pocket. It seams like such a waste of time when your jig trailer is ripped and you need to step down, open a big compartment, dig a round, to replace. But I see a lot of guys on Bassmasters doing exactly that. Ya think it's to slow down and refocus or something?

I do. Ever since I started back bass fishing everything I do is about efficiency. And fishing tournaments just cements that sort of behavior in me.

If Im on any sort of bite at all, I will keep what I need right with me so I dont even have to open a lid again. Ive set a bag or two in the recessed pedal area, bags in front of the tray or in my pocket. In my pocket is the most efficient place for them to be as that is the general area where my hands will be working with the bait.

I will keep a box of jigs and terminal tackle on the step or even at the console on the front deck as well if I am on any sort of bite like that. Ill set the stuff on the passenger rod ramp as well.

Ive know a few of those guys to keep baits in their pockets as well. Thats where I saw it for the 1st time about 7 years ago. It was in person, not on video. I do see many of them with far too many rods on the deck though. There is no way I would fish with 12 rods on my deck all day. Such a mess...and you have seen them tripping on them and causing issues when landing fish. I think many of them are somewhat unorganized once the day gets going and getting off the deck to jack with plastics is just dumb to me. Plastics are the easiest thing to carry and store. Youre not gonna put cranks or topwaters or any hard bait in your pocket due to the obvious reason.

Plastics are just something you use throughout the day, I see no reason to dig in a box every 10 minutes for more of the same....assuming you are catching fish.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixDrew View Post
    i use the space between the console and the windshield to hold the 2-3 bags of plastics that i am currently using each day
    2017 Phoenix 919 Pro-XP 225 Mercury Pro-XS

17. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Plastics for the day in pocket, or just toss on deck in front of rod handles. A bag or two can easily be grabbed and dropped in compartment for a run, I've even sat on the bags just to get movin faster. If water is rough, they go in compartment for sure.