Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    You guys are missing out if you don't do the storage compartment mods as shown in the "boat bling" area. It makes the center area so much more usable. Very cheap and easy to do. Hardest thing is removing those center wire strap divider things. I think I fit 15 3700 boxes give or take in that main center area. I believe they added that mod to the new Phx.

Quote Originally Posted by rudapa View Post
    Clothes, life jackets, oar, extinguisher, etc in the driver side rod locker. Rods in the other rod locker
    Front center compartment = Tackle, weigh bag, some plastics and jigs - usually not full (Lazy Susan removed)
    Center front main compartment = full of tackle boxes - see picture
    Stuff I'm using or wet baits go into the little boxes by the cooler
    Between the seats box = all my odds and ends like spare sunglasses, small tools, rags, electronic stuff (cell phone, GoPro, etc)
    Behind the driver seat = mostly empty with bungees, rope, cull beam, cull tags, rags, carry on cooler if I bring one
    Behind Passenger seat = tackle that I might use but usually don't

Russ...you cut those divider tubes? Those look like deep 3700s and I know they dont fit in any of them except the farthest spot and on the ledge closest to cooler.

I thought about doing the mod to fit more boxes but I actually like the stock compartment. Fits my OCD style.

LUND 1875 Pro Guide 👊🏻✊🏻

I added this strap early in the year so I could get a deep 3700 and a small 3600 to sit on the ledge. Wont fall or move during rough runs either. Just a little something to add some crap to the box. I keep some heavy stuff in there as well. Keeping more weight as close to the consoles as I can.

It was kind of a bitch to put in though. Had to drop the drill in there and find the right slot to jam my arm in. The strap and screw are low enough that the box that sits over them sit naturally on the factory edge.

5. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xranger77 View Post
    Russ...you cut those divider tubes? Those look like deep 3700s and I know they dont fit in any of them except the farthest spot and on the ledge closest to cooler.
    I cut them out in the dealers parking lot. Probably increases your storage by 33%

Quote Originally Posted by rudapa View Post
    I cut them out in the dealers parking lot. Probably increases your storage by 33%
    I though about pulling them out....have a Bass Mafia Terminal box on the way. I might need a littler more room for a deep 3700.

Is there a way to pull them out without breaking other things?

7. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    I had Eberlin call Phoenix and ask them if cutting them off flush would hurt anything. I didn't want pieces on the inside getting down into anything and they said it wouldn't hurt a thing. Here it is less full. I don't think it looks bad, well other than I need to wipe it out.

I might cut one off and drill it out to remove the excess rod thats in there. Im not sure though...its cold and I cant work on anything in the boat. Ill wait and see when my next box shows up and see how I want to arrange it.

9. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    I should try and poke them through also which would make it look a little better.

I wonder why they are so hard to pull out. Only one end could have a flare...must be the grommet they are in.

I would like to just pull some out if possible. Never know when I would want it to be "factory" again.

11. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    I don't think anyone would want to reduce their storage by adding them back. They really don't serve a purpose in my mind unless you are going to fish with less than 7 or 8 each standard 3700s. Even when I go to Canada and throw a limited number of techniques I have enough in the bottom of that so things don't flop around. Cutting them off flush doesn't get in the way. Maybe a small punch would pop them through?

12. Member
    I pulled my rods out but it was difficult. I also added a thin piece of plastic that sits on the entire bottom area of that section which
    allows all of my 3700 boxes to sit up straight and adds much more function. That's the beauty of modifying that compartment. You can make it 100 different ways to suit.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xranger77 View Post
    I wonder why they are so hard to pull out. Only one end could have a flare...must be the grommet they are in.

I would like to just pull some out if possible. Never know when I would want it to be "factory" again.
    I pulled all mine out with out damaging them. Twist back and forth then work each end out. Mine looked like RTV or glue holding them, no flare. I also cut a piece of 1/2" ridged foam board and put on bottom to make it flat.

14. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Making it flat it a good idea, when I pull a couple out due to the angled slots they want to flop forward. I'll do the same! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Suffolk719 View Post
    I pulled all mine out with out damaging them. Twist back and forth then work each end out. Mine looked like RTV or glue holding them, no flare. I also cut a piece of 1/2" ridged foam board and put on bottom to make it flat.
    Cool...Ill try that.

Yea if def pull them out instead of cutting them just in case you ever want to reinstall them without much hassle.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

17. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    I don't know why anyone would want them - they just get in the way. Had I not taken them out I'd of had to put tackle transferred from my 19'6" Triton into my truck cause the 20'10" Phoenix couldn't hold as much! Pulling them is nicer but I didn't know that would work.

I like them. When I pull a Plano out I don't have to try and shove the other boxes back to get it back in. I can keep all I need in my one center box though. We can fit more in our one compartment than you all can.
    Jason

19. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    That's only the case if I pull a few out. I'm not a fan of the one big compartment if that is what you mean. I prefer the 2 (probably hold more than the single), but even if I had the one I wouldn't sacrifice all that space to have dividers. Too each his own right.

Yessir.
    Jason

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast