2008 115 Opti with a little over 1000 hours. Despite rinsing with fresh water 100% of the time and routinely spraying with CRC Ccorrosion has caused these parts to wear and now there is excessive play and need to have it repaired. That Merc calls this a saltwater motor yet these parts aren't stainless is ridiculous. I called Mercury and they don't make a stainless replacement part for my motor, but I think they do for the v6's which makes no sense to me.

Local shop is quoting $2600 for the whole job which is about $500 more than anticipated. Bought some used parts of ebay and trying to confirm they will work. My serial # is 1B723350. Used parts I purchased are 99661A 2(Steering Arm Swivel Pin Black) and 99661A4(Lower Mount). They came off a motor with serial #0D076778 which apparently was a 1991 90 hp. Trying to confirm these parts will work w/o issue. They came off a freshwater motor and appear to be in good shape. Can anyone help me confirm these parts are a match. Any reason I should avoid used parts here?