Thread: Cracked Screen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cracked Screen

Called Humminbird to see about getting a cracked screen replaced on a 1197. They said they no longer repair screens on that model. Does anyone know of any other way to get one replaced. Thanks

2. Member
    That's B's the $ we pay for theses units...

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ser68 View Post
    That's B's the $ we pay for theses units...
    Seriously !!! Do you know how many model years ago that was??? I can tell you from my customers experience that HB takes care of models way past others.

You folks need to quit complaining and appriciate the STEAL you are getting in all technology right now. Our first VCR cost $450 and we made payments on it ..........

4. Member
    I dang sure wouldn't call what we pay for units a steal. But as long as its been since they've produced screens and parts for those units I understand not fixing them.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vr180 View Post
    Called Humminbird to see about getting a cracked screen replaced on a 1197. They said they no longer repair screens on that model. Does anyone know of any other way to get one replaced. Thanks
    I have seen 1198s for under $700 used. 1197's are many generations in the past. I don't even see those on Ebay. The cost of repair would be more. I have an 1197 I am still using but if it breaks I plan to get a Helix of some kind.Bob

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfood View Post
    Seriously !!! Do you know how many model years ago that was??? I can tell you from my customers experience that HB takes care of models way past others.

You folks need to quit complaining and appriciate the STEAL you are getting in all technology right now. Our first VCR cost $450 and we made payments on it ..........
    Do we need to bend over as well???

Quote Originally Posted by vr180 View Post

There is a company that does some sonar unit repairs that may can help:

http://srcelectronics.com/#intro
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Member
    Yes and like it! Have you seen the Mega images? I rest my case
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisfun View Post
    Do we need to bend over as well???

9. Member
    If you know someone who repairs phones professionally they may be able to. Wouldn't hurt to ask. A buddy of mine who repairs phones has recently started replacing screens on some units.

10. Member
    I just had HB replace the screen on a 998 was over $300. Wonder why they stopped repairing your model.....

2016 Phoenix 921 ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman24 View Post
    If you know someone who repairs phones professionally they may be able to. Wouldn't hurt to ask. A buddy of mine who repairs phones has recently started replacing screens on some units.
    How does he refill the gas that's around the LCD to prevent fogging? The whole screen is sealed unit unlike in the laptop or phone.

12. Member
    How does he refill the gas that's around the LCD to prevent fogging? The whole screen is sealed unit unlike in the laptop or phone.
    I don't know because I'm not in that profession. I can give you my buddies business number and you can call and ask him.

GEEZ!!!!!!! There's always that 1!!!
    Last edited by Gman24; 01-12-2017 at 08:45 AM.

13. Member
    Here is a picture of the entire repair done by by buddy, for the doubters.

Wireless Tech in Tn
    Attached Images Attached Images

14. Member
    If you are techy enough you can get these screens that are sandwiched for day light viewable off of E-Bay depending on size for roughly $36 and up.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman24 View Post
    I don't know because I'm not in that profession. I can give you my buddies business number and you can call and ask him.

GEEZ!!!!!!! There's always that 1!!!
    Clearly something wrong with you or just big chip on your shoulder?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TomP. View Post
    If you are techy enough you can get these screens that are sandwiched for day light viewable off of E-Bay depending on size for roughly $36 and up.
    You can for sure find the appropriate LCD replacement, but never seen one sealed for this application since in colder weather it would fog.

17. Member
    Thanks guys. Guess I'll seal the cracks and use it till craps out. Then I'll bite the bullitt.

18. Member
    Clearly something wrong with you or just big chip on your shoulder?
    Just tryin to help someone out that asked a question. Wireless Tech 37334 TN Give em a call. They can answer any of your technical questions. Sounds like they may could use your expertise.

19. Member
    You can for sure find the appropriate LCD replacement, but never seen one sealed for this application since in colder weather it would fog.

It is called a bonded display and it also makes it sunlight viewable.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfood View Post

That's funny what you said about the vcr because I bought my parents one for Christmas when they first came out and yes sir, made payments on it..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast