Thread: Any Advice

Any Advice

pulling the power head this weekend on my 250 HPDI. replacing the Tuner. anyone got any helpful advice. done this on mercs before, first time on a Yamaha. any tips, tricks, info would be nice!

Masking tape and a sharpie to mark electrical connections makes re-assembly much easier. Baggies for removed parts and bolts, again marked for easy re-install. Take pics with your cell of anything you think you might want to refer to later.
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

3. Member
    It is really pretty easy. Make sure you don't lose the dowel pins for the powerhead or better yet order a new set in advance. Make sure you have the torque specs when you reinstall.
    Just another beer drinker with a fishing problem.

4. Member
    Thanks guys..

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J Risco View Post
    Masking tape and a sharpie to mark electrical connections makes re-assembly much easier. Baggies for removed parts and bolts, again marked for easy re-install. Take pics with your cell of anything you think you might want to refer to later.
    All excellent advice. I only found one electrical connector that could be hooked up wrong, and it was on the rear of the powerhead. Make notes and take pics on the routing of the wiring. It really isn't bad at all, takes like 4 wrenches or sockets to do everything.

6. Member
    does anyone know the torque specks on the power head bolts when I go back with it?

7. Banned
    This would be a good time to replace motor mounts and all bracket bushings. You will regret it later if you dont.

8. Member
    just had all motor mounts replaced this summer when I put a new hydro tech power head on. started to put a new tuner in it then but ran out of money.

9. Member
    I have the manual at home, I will get the torque specs to you later this evening.

10. Member
    The service manual says 23.6 ft-LB and locktite 572. It also says not to reuse the dowel pins. I got new pins but that was because we lost the originals.

11. Member
    Thanks man

12. Member
    Never had a issue reusing the pins? Wonder why the manual says that? Anyway can be done in a evening with a lift. Pull lower unit and it will set better. Good time to replace pump impeller. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.