Banned

Dek It mounts for trolling motor area

What's the consensus about these? Do you feel limited by the fact they don't swivel and move around? What about over the trolling motor tray? You guys using these satisfied with the positioning? Thanks

2. Member
    I absolutely love my dekit. As for swivel limits, I have found no problems with mine (HDS 9 graph), after all, you really do not move that far on the front of the boat. I positioned mine between the TM tray and the bow controls (2009 Ranger Z520). In addition, I just installed a Minnkota Ultrex with comes with a heading sensor which I conveniently located under the deckit mount so I wouldn't trip on it. The primary reason I went with the deckit was for security, it is such a hassle to remove graphs all the time. I used security screws to mount the deckit to the deck, and purchased a gimble lock for one side of the graph. This affords me a bit more security than I otherwise would have.

Quote Originally Posted by redrangeraz View Post
    I absolutely love my dekit. As for swivel limits, I have found no problems with mine (HDS 9 graph), after all, you really do not move that far on the front of the boat. I positioned mine between the TM tray and the bow controls (2009 Ranger Z520). In addition, I just installed a Minnkota Ultrex with comes with a heading sensor which I conveniently located under the deckit mount so I wouldn't trip on it. The primary reason I went with the deckit was for security, it is such a hassle to remove graphs all the time. I used security screws to mount the deckit to the deck, and purchased a gimble lock for one side of the graph. This affords me a bit more security than I otherwise would have.
    What did you use to attach the unit gimbal mount to the Dek-It that is secure?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    I used stainless steel philip head bolts to attach the mount to the deck-it. You can only access them with the graph removed, which would mean unlocking the dura-safe elock. I know its not perfect, but it certainly will deter a smash and grab.

5. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

LOVE MINE!
    Chris Beverly
    2005 Champion 206 Mercury Verado 275!!!

7. Member
    Red ranger - Having the puck under the metal mount doesn't shield or cause any trouble with GPS signal?

To the OP - I have a brand that is different than Dek-It, and I love having my graph center mounted over the TM. I personally don't think I would ever go another way once I switched to the center mount. Rock solid, graph isn't going anywhere.

Ranger z520 // Mercury 250 Pro XS
    12ft BT Talons/112 Ultrex/Hbird 360

8. Member
    Bowhunter, the puck you see under the dekit is not the GPS Point 1, but rather it is the heading sensor for trolling motor. It is a basic compass, and it sends a direction heading to the head of the trolling motor via bluetooth so that the trolling motor knows which way is which. I had no problems with any magnetic interference, the jog feature on the spotlock worked great.

And as an added bonus I did not have to drill any holes in hull, a 12v wire for power was readily available, and I never have to worry about tripping over the dang thing.