I posted this in the truck forum

Might get a quicker response here. '09 F150 SCrew. My key fob worked fine until yesterday, now it doesn't. I put a new battery in the fob and it still no worky. Any ideas? Driver's door window doesn't work anymore, but the other 3 work fine, and the locks work fine from my door......I'm at a loss.

(606)305-1956

Do you have a second fob?

No, Sir.....
    Daughter in law lost it.

(606)305-1956

I bought a couple extra fobs for my 2005 F150 on Ebay. Really cheap and they come with programming instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeNix View Post
    No, Sir.....
    Daughter in law lost it.
    Tell your son to get his ass in gear

6. Member
    Open it up and clean the contacts with a pencil eraser. Sounds funny but I actually know someone who sells them on eBay.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

Quote Originally Posted by tooboocoo View Post
    I bought a couple extra fobs for my 2005 F150 on Ebay. Really cheap and they come with programming instructions.
    But... On Ford PATS system you have to have both Fobs to program a 3rd Unless you goto Dealership

Quote Originally Posted by grayline View Post
    But... On Ford PATS system you have to have both Fobs to program a 3rd Unless you goto Dealership
    You have to have two original keys to program a third key. But not fobs. You just have to make sure you program all of them...old and new at the same time.

WOOOOOOT! I called the service manager at the local Furd dealer, he said "If you've changed the battery and it still won't work, it probably lost it's program. Bring it in any day and I'll reprogram it" I said "What would you charge?" He said "Nothing, it just takes a few minutes".......... I figured if he can do it, so can I. I googled it, process takes seconds and it's done! My fob now works correctly!

(606)305-1956

10. Member
    Might get a quicker response here. '09 F150 SCrew. My key fob worked fine until yesterday, now it doesn't. I put a new battery in the fob and it still no worky. Any ideas? Driver's door window doesn't work anymore, but the other 3 work fine, and the locks work fine from my door......I'm at a loss.
    take battery out....press lock & unlock @ same time....clear capacitor & reinstall batt & see if works.

11. Member
    WOOOOOOT! I called the service manager at the local Furd dealer, he said "If you've changed the battery and it still won't work, it probably lost it's program. Bring it in any day and I'll reprogram it" I said "What would you charge?" He said "Nothing, it just takes a few minutes".......... I figured if he can do it, so can I. I googled it, process takes seconds and it's done! My fob now works correctly!
    nevermind

12. Banned
    FOB

F#@$ed
    Over
    Buyer

13. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Great feeling Huh?

Dale Sinclair original

14. Member
    Nice thing about the 2015 and up models they put a little spot under the storage in front of the console so you can program the key yourself.

This thread had me really pumped up to see if I could get mine to work again. Unfortunately the fob is probably junk and I just need to order a new one. At least I know how to program it now.

It's fairly simple, open driver's door, hit unlock on the door, cycle the key from off to on 8 times rapidly. At the end of the key cycling, the locks do a cycle to show you did the 8 times correctly. Then you push a button on the fob. The locks cycle again, and it's done!

(606)305-1956

Heck yeah!! Just got my neglected problem fixed.
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

Good ol' BBC!

(606)305-1956